IT.COM

Name.Com: $0.99 .COM and .NET

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

babibo

Established Member
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
nice! don't know who that is. but nice.good luck., plus hope you don't mind I'm going to use that "Predict the Final Sale Amount" technique.

it makes people want to participate. it's pretty slick way to get people thinking "hey! I think this domain will net $2000." then they will think " why am I not in on this?" lol
Lol :ahhh:, I know I said it before but I really like your sense of humor.

I thought I'd try my hand at domains with web-history, so that I can capitalize on the existing backlinks and free traffic to the domain. This one seemed to show good numbers, and as a safe-guard I chose it above others because name+surname domains are usually easier to sell (when compared to most expired domains).

This domain also appears to have been in the property-investment niche (among others like property design, decor, etc.) so the prospective visitors/traffic may be ready-&-able to spend some money on other investment opportunities. It still remains a risky purchase with zero guarantees, but the 99c reg-fee made the decision easier for me.

Sometime during my 2-day online stat-research though, I found a Dane Atkinson who appears to be a web-entrepreneur and owner/ceo of a website called sumall.com (which is similar to hootsuite.com). I didn't really research past the first page of the search-results because my primary goal isn't to resell the domain in the short term, but worst case scenario I think I'd be able to at least make a profit on a resale.

You're right about the idea behind the poll, by all means feel free to do as you please. The domain doesn't seem to hold much value among fellow-domainers, so I'm planning on giving it a go on namejet, godaddy auctions, etc. if it doesn't sell on flippa. Worst case scenario, I'll get a free whitelabel affiliate website within the US real-estate industry and monetize the domain. Proper seo should rank buyproperty.us high for it's keywords, perhaps something you can consider doing with yours too?

BTW, I can definitely see MortgageandYou.com as a very busy website/blog in several sectors that fall within the property market (ie. banks, finance sector, estate agents, insurance, construction, etc.). If you'd like, you can use my sales pitch (or part thereof) when doing your outbound campaigns. Congrats on your purchase and good luck with the resale! ;)

•••
It's on again, surprise sale!
.com and .net registrations are $0.99 right now.
Use promo code STARSANDSTRIPES at checkout.

•••

Last edited:
•••
It's on again, surprise sale!
.com and .net registrations are $0.99 right now.
Use promo code STARSANDSTRIPES at checkout.

Ahh man, thats sooo not cool of Name.com :(

I tried now... "ERROR: Promo code valid for US residents only"

Last edited:
•••
Ahh man, thats sooo not cool of Name.com :(

I tried now... "ERROR: Promo code valid for US residents only"

dang! welkl there goes my limit then! ;) ty.

•••
"ERROR: The promo code you entered is restricted by country, and is unavailable in your location."

.. was so obviously by that code, nevertheless, still many thanks.

•••
•••
Quick update, I didn't saw that at first, sorry about that!
"Starting right now, .com and .net registrations are just $0.99. This sale is for U.S. customers only, and ends once we've sold 5,000 total domains."

Promo Code: STARSANDSTRIPES .

Last edited:
•••
Quick update, I didn't saw that at first, sorry about that!
"Starting right now, .com and .net registrations are just $0.99. This sale is for U.S. customers only, and ends once we've sold 5,000 total domains."

Unacceptable Cristi, totally unacceptable. You should be disgusted with your behaviour and be to ashamed to show your face your for the next 4 weeks...

Bwhahahahah lol.. Just pulling ur leg mate,... :laugh: thanks for sharing the coupon none the less.

•••
•••
It works. I grabbed 13. Remember to take off whoisprivacy. (4$.99)

•••
This promo are still working?

•••
I picked up about 50...mostly Marijuana and a few Domaining related domains. (admittedly, some crappy ones)
If anyone is interested, I have already listed them on my website (url in my signature). ;)

I wish I could use PayPal, though. I have cash there from selling domains.

Last edited:
•••
•••
I bought about 90 minutes ago.

•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
•••
Ok no problem thanks Anyway.

•••
upload_2016-9-29_13-0-46.png

i hate u name.com

•••
Netfirms.com is the best cheap Registrar. No restrictions...

•••
•••
Coupon code expired.

Use this coupon for Free privacy PRIVACYPLEASE

•••
good deal! I grabbed a few while the sale was on.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back