IT.COM

Mystery Domain Auction Launched

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone,

Happy New Year 2009.

I am pleased to announce that I have launched the long awaited Mystery Domain Auction project:
http://www.mysterydomainauction.com

Would love to hear your comments, suggestions, praises and criticisms.

John

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
EJS, I have answered your concerns, the answer is at the end of page 1. No idea about the editing, I noticed it too but thought your name was Mark.

•••
I am not here to poop on the party but just dont get this statement in the FAQ as it suggests IMO only that you could win on a lower amount which is not true and again imo only ....misleading

"If you are the highest bidder, you will receive the mystery domain name valued at $10,000 regardless of whether your bid was $0.10 or $10.23 or anything else"

?? :-/

Last edited:
•••
Legit questions are fine Elliot ... I don't think anything is Distorted either. The only portion removed was conjecture.

•••
Mark said:
Legit questions are fine Elliot ... I don't think anything is Distorted either. The only portion removed was conjecture.
So conjecture isn't allowed on your forum? I made a point about people comparing it to the Million dollar homepage, which is an opinion rather than conjecture.

I could understand if I cursed or was critical of someone personally, but I offered my opinion on a public domain forum.

I don't think I've ever had a post on any domain forum censored like this before. Maybe a comment in a sales thread removed once or twice, but that's about it. It's very surprising and disappointing.

•••
mellowmasher said:
I am not here to poop on the party but just dont get this statement in the FAQ as it suggests IMO only that you could win on a lower amount which is not true and again imo only ....misleading

"If you are the highest bidder, you will receive the mystery domain name valued at $10,000 regardless of whether your bid was $0.10 or $10.23 or anything else"

?? :-/

This faq was written when the bids were at 0.

If you are the highest bidder and your bid is 0.10, 0.50, 4.50, 20.45, 89.40 or whatever - as long as its the highest and last bid, you receive the domain name.

John

•••
geronimo said:
This faq was written when the bids were at 0.

If you are the highest bidder and your bid is 0.10, 0.50, 4.50, 20.45, 89.40 or whatever - as long as its the highest and last bid, you receive the domain name.

John

Many thanks

Good luck

Last edited:
•••
EJS said:
I don't think I've ever had a post on any domain forum censored like this before. Maybe a comment in a sales thread removed once or twice, but that's about it. It's very surprising and disappointing.

This is the "For Sale / Advertising" section ... It is a sales thread ...

Legit Questions are always welcome in Sales and Advertising threads. Comments and Conjecture are not.

John did in fact ask for all types of comments - Before this thread was moved to this Marketplace section , and after several comments were already made.

Questions are fine in these sections but Please direct your comments to the Newer discussion thread : http://www.namepros.com/domain-name-discussion/547498-mysterydomainauction-check-this.html

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back