Dynadot

MySpace Could Be Worth $15 BILLION

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Could MySpace Be Worth $15 Billion? Easy
The most surprising thing about RBC analyst Jordan Rohan's comment that MySpace could be worth $10-$20 billion in a few years is that he deemed this assessment "audacious"--and the press seemed to agree. Why is this audacious? In little more than two years, MySpace has come out of nowhere to become the 7th biggest site in the U.S....

Click For The Link For Full Article

http://www.internetoutsider.com/2006/09/could_myspace_b.html

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I never thought this much but what i say means myspace had a lot members so it is the best site to make friends
and it shows also rank thats a great

•••
$15-$20 billion? That estimation is a joke. And it's not even funny. The way the article is written is also a joke. I also think Newcorp overpaid the $600 million. Geez, just think about what you can do with $600 million, the investment opportunities. This is all HYPE.

•••
lol your title put million i was gonna say but then i realised inside the thread lol

•••
i believe that $15 billion it's a little too much

but seems that they're heading in the right direction
:imho:

•••
webcom said:
$15-$20 billion? That estimation is a joke. And it's not even funny. The way the article is written is also a joke. I also think Newcorp overpaid the $600 million. Geez, just think about what you can do with $600 million, the investment opportunities. This is all HYPE.

I agree and disagree.

The site is certainly not worth $15 Billion, however, I certainly believe that NewsCorp got a bargain in buying at the price that they did.

Here is why:
MySpace generates $30 million everymonth in revenues, plus MySpace just signed a deal whereby Google will pay a minimum of $900 million over the next five years.
Where else in the publishing industry can you earn returns that good, and that fast? Not forgetting the massive potential growth.

Also, Bebo and other social networking sites which have less members have been valued in excess of $1billion.

•••
As the bubble floats upward, it will inevitably experience pressure on its surface such that the molecules will seperate and it will pop...

Now, MySpace might be sustainable as a social networking site (although its lifespan is FINITE)...but $15billion is an irresponsible valuation given the data we have

•••
Myspace generates $30 Mil every month ??

WOW...

•••
They did say in a few years...

•••
Yeah, I think tom screwed himself over. Could of made way more money if he waited..

•••
I would agree with that estimate, I mean, afterall, its still growing so theres plenty of time for it to gain more worth..

•••
Slacks said:
Yeah, I think tom screwed himself over. Could of made way more money if he waited..

It swings in roundabouts though becuase it was right for him to accept it i mean it was a lot of money tbh what he got from it.

$15 Billion is way too much though - unless they do a google and start buying everything but that would be impossible becuase their parent company would rather want ot have those companys under them and not under myspace. I'm thinking it could be worth alot eventually(well alot more then it was purchased for) but not $15 Billion becuase, who would buy it for that?

•••
murdoch got a great deal on myspace when he bought it. the people he bought it from are looking are feeling they sold it at an undervalued price, but whose problem is that? theirs i think. i don't think myspace is worth $15bn either, but i can easily agree its worth is in the billions right now. you gotta understand, its all about the hits and popularity. thats what the internet game is all about. same thing with youtube and facebook raising behemothic sums. myspace is the online mecca for social networking, and this is just 2006. top celebs and artists also have profiles on it, making it even more vaulable. basically, if you're anybody important(especially to the young generation), and you don't have a myspace profile, you're ignoring a critical niche for yourself. at the beginning of this year, many sites said social networking was a hot trend to watch still, and myspace is confirming this.

•••
Although 15Bil does seem a bit high - wouldnt suprise me, imagine the traffic myspace gets!

•••
I can tell the people in here know little about the stock market in general

•••
an they paid only 580 million US?

•••
It might be worth that much but I doubt anyone is going to be buying it soon.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back