IT.COM

MyDomain.com - Help!

NameSilo
Watch
Impact
Hi

I've been buying and selling domains for over 10 years and I've never encountered an issue I'm having with Mydomain.com. I'm transferring my domain out of MyDomain but they keep saying they sent the Authorization Code to my email but I never get it. I requested it through their website 5 times, got on C/S and they said they sent it 4 times. Someone else just emailed me from 'Endurance' who I don't even know that he emailed the Auth Code. Still nothing and it's been 2 weeks.

Anyone know how I can get my Auth Code?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Did you check your junk/spam folders?

•••
Yes of course. I check it all the time

•••
MyDomain admitted to me they were having issues with this just after the GDPR "changes" but I thought it was resolved. One thing you might try is to "refresh" your DomainCentral cPanel. Recheck that the domain is in "unlocked" status.

Why is this thread in "Legal Discussion"?

•••
Ok, so check your contact details once again.
Maybe your whois email is another email, you used to use years ago.

•••
I had a bad experience with Mydomain.com

I had to struggle even to add a contact information to a domain.

They took 7 days to do that and still I can't edit the contact information.

Please check the contact information (email) for that particular domain.

The surprising fact with Mydomain.com is that even to push the domain to other Mydomain account, you need to know the security answer of the buyer (gaining party) which has to be given to their support. Without it, you can't even push the domain.

In this business, which registrar asks for security answer of the buyer (gaining party) just to push the domain?

•••
In this business, which registrar asks for security answer of the buyer (gaining party) just to push the domain?
This one. Which is why I will never, ever push a name at MD. (Tried once and won't repeat that mistake.) It's pathetic.

But thanks for reminding me, I need to move all my domains out and away from MYDomains!

Last edited:
•••
Try changing the e-mail address (and make sure you opt out of the 60 day lock) and then request for the auth code again. See if that works

•••
i suggest you to change registrant email and request epp code again

•••
UPDATE: It's been weeks filled with emails and online support with MyDomain and they still won't send my authorization code. They just keep saying 'we've escalated the situation' or 'we sent it to your email address again. Nothing ever shows up. I change my email address and still nothing.

There seems to be some lock on the domain. I try and change something on the domain and now its saying:

"Our records indicate that this domain is not manageable through DomainCentral"

I'm on MyDomain.com but it says that so I'm not sure why. I can't even edit the domain now

I even contacted Snapnames, where I purchased the domain. They won't help me either.

Anybody have any idea what I can do? Anybody know anyone at MyDomain?

12 years domaining and this is the first time my domain has been held hostage.

•••
Did you follow my advice in my first post on this thread? This is what you need to do.

DM me for the specific process. It's at least worth a try.

•••
UPDATE: It's been weeks filled with emails and online support with MyDomain and they still won't send my authorization code. They just keep saying 'we've escalated the situation' or 'we sent it to your email address again. Nothing ever shows up. I change my email address and still nothing.

There seems to be some lock on the domain. I try and change something on the domain and now its saying:

"Our records indicate that this domain is not manageable through DomainCentral"

I'm on MyDomain.com but it says that so I'm not sure why. I can't even edit the domain now

I even contacted Snapnames, where I purchased the domain. They won't help me either.

Anybody have any idea what I can do? Anybody know anyone at MyDomain?

12 years domaining and this is the first time my domain has been held hostage.
Can you share the domain name with me? Perhaps it is registered with one of the other sister registrars?

•••
Did you follow my advice in my first post on this thread? This is what you need to do.

DM me for the specific process. It's at least worth a try.

•••
UPDATE: After a month of emails and online support, someone finally emailed my Authorization number. Hopefully it will work. I am transferring it now so I hope it goes through.

Thanks everyone for your responses. Hopefully nobody will use their crappy service!

•••
Oh if anyone was interested, the domain was DebtFreedom.net.

•••
UPDATE: It's been a week that they gave my the authorization number but of course they are still holding it and won't release it. I'm going on 2 months of trying to get my domain out of MyDomain.

Is there anyone I can go to that would help? I even emailed Snapnames, where I bought the domain. They were the worst and just told me to go to MyDomains customer Service.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

•••
@BayDomainer - my hope is you made the transfer to uniregistry - that is where the domain is now and it completed on 9 July according to whois

If it is still showing in your MyDomain account, then it is just a Ghost Record. Check your uniregistry account first, and if the domain is there, come back and will link to how to get MyDomain to remove the Ghost Record.

•••
Wow well look at that. You're right, its finally at Uniregistry. I didn't see it earlier.

I can't believe this is finally over. thanks everyone for your help.

•••
Back