Dynadot

domain My Second Domain Names - Any Good? - eatgojiberries.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

dndiva10

Impact
Hi Forum. I submitted a first set of domain names in my post "My First Domain Names" for the forum's opinion of value about a week ago and got kicked off the island. Tarred and feathered. Burned to crisp. :(

So, I went back to the drawing board, did a little more studying and research, and found two more domain names that I think may have value...but I'm not sure. As before, I'd like to hear your thoughts about whether they have value and, if they both suck, why they suck so that I can do better next time. Here they are:

CeXsell.com
eatgojiberries.com

Cexsell.com is an exact match domain. Google Keyword Tool says the keyword [cexsell] has low competition and gets 9,900 searches a month. Eatgojiberries.com is not an exact match domain. But the exact keyword [gojiberries] has high competition with 33,100 searches per month. I just put "eat" in front of it. (FYI - goji berries are a superfood.) Both are newly registered.

So let me know your thoughts. At the very least, I'm hoping I did better with these than the last set I had the forum review. Thanks for your time. :)

-Karen

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I think that you should read this forum for at last a month before registering your next domain ;)
Good luck ;)

•••
CeXsell.com
eatgojiberries.com

The first one a grace delete the secound is a buy it only to develop it name. My opinion only, Goodluck.

•••
I don't get it. What do you do with names like these, in very practical terms ?

What makes you think these names have value ? Why were they still available if they are any good ?

What are the potential buyers ?

You quoted metrics, what do they mean and how do they imply value in these domain ?

•••
The first name probably gets searches due to being a shop in the UK that buys and sells games, consoles, phones etc.. In fact I was in this shop today. This probably explains the searches and also adds some possible TM issues too. As mentioned above 'grace delete'

The second I agree with johname, only worth something if developed.

•••
I am hearing in SDSinc's response the belief that these names are valueless. Its okay to just say that. Just say, "your names suck and here's why..." because in that response, I'll learn something. I don't, however, learn anything from frustrated sarcasm.

I shared these names with this group because you all are professionals. While I'm not new to flipping products for product, I am new to flipping domain names. So in your professional critiques, I learn...as I did in holy roller's response. As I learn, I can give back. Thanks holy roller.

So, based on these comments I guess I'm back to the drawing board. I've made six figures flipping products in other venues. But before I got good at it, there were those first few products I bought that were worthless and that I didn't know were worthless cuz I hadn't learned the business yet! I call those first buys the "price of admission." So, these domain names are my price of admission to domaining. I know that one day I'll get it right and it will pay off.

:)
-Karen

•••
Just to be totally clear, an appraisal is an extrapolation of price for the raw (undeveloped) domain.
Any domain can be developed, but we cannot appraise ideas or business concepts, just the raw domains.
People are unlikely to buy a domain from somebody if they can find another domain that is still available and of similar (or higher) quality.
I don't see buyers for your domains.

Newcomers always come up with 'creative' domains and try to reinvent the wheel. Don't. If you want to sell domains, you need to understand the market. Look at what sells, what kinds of domains are sought after.

Be aware that it would be extremely hard to build a healthy portfolio on regfee domains nowadays. I buy domains on the aftermarket (expired auctions and buying from current owners).

So instead of paying $8, I pay $69, $$$$ or $$$$ but the rewards are significantly higher. Because the domains are good and command good prices from end users. (It takes money to make money).

As a rule, a domain name that is still available in 2013 is unlikely to sell for a good profit, simply because nobody would even pick it for $10. (Unless it's a very recent drop).
That's something that many many domainers understand much later, after wasting money on domains that nobody will ever want. Good luck :gl:

•••
Just to be totally clear, an appraisal is an extrapolation of price for the raw (undeveloped) domain.
Any domain can be developed, but we cannot appraise ideas or business concepts, just the raw domains.
People are unlikely to buy a domain from somebody if they can find another domain that is still available and of similar (or higher) quality.
I don't see buyers for your domains.

Newcomers always come up with 'creative' domains and try to reinvent the wheel. Don't. If you want to sell domains, you need to understand the market. Look at what sells, what kinds of domains are sought after.

Be aware that it would be extremely hard to build a healthy portfolio on regfee domains nowadays. I buy domains on the aftermarket (expired auctions and buying from current owners).

So instead of paying $8, I pay $69, $$$$ or $$$$ but the rewards are significantly higher. Because the domains are good and command good prices from end users. (It takes money to make money).

As a rule, a domain name that is still available in 2013 is unlikely to sell for a good profit, simply because nobody would even pick it for $10. (Unless it's a very recent drop).
That's something that many many domainers understand much later, after wasting money on domains that nobody will ever want. Good luck :gl:

Well said.

•••
•••
I am hearing in SDSinc's response the belief that these names are valueless. Its okay to just say that. Just say, "your names suck and here's why..." because in that response, I'll learn something. I don't, however, learn anything from frustrated sarcasm.
:)
-Karen

What Kate provides is better than just saying why the names suck. She is telling you the questions you must know the answer to when buying. The heres why is defined by you not likely knowing the answers.

If you dont know the answers on these you need to learn more until you know the answers in the future.

Overall this looking will take longer but provide you far more of an education in the long run than giving answers.

Some appraisals here might help (most are garbage threads) but the discussion on spinepain.com and mopeds.com were interesting.

Also read Fonzies posts because while he is arrogant and annoying there is often a lot of truth i what he says.

Selling Ferraris i the Ghetto is a classic.

---------- Post added at 06:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:09 PM ----------

I've made six figures flipping products in other venues.

Respectfully, no one cares.

•••
posted by sdsinc:

I want this embroidered on a throw pillow.

•••
I not know goji berries, maybe blue, straw, ras, bil, elder, goose or dingle berries can be good for health website.

eatgojiberries.com has a good value, for some reason I think this domain could be a hidden gem. you should develop hardcore and make into great site

•••
Hello Karen and Welcome to NamePros!!!!

After reviewing your first reg's, as well as this new pair, I am going to have to agree that you need to spend some serious time just reading this forum.
We all started somewhere, and dont think you are alone when it comes to worthless regs... we all have a history.
The trick is to learn from our mistakes, and the best way I know is to listen to those that have been there already.

What Kate (sdsinc) was saying and D.U. backing it up was spot on.
If you dont know the answers to the questions, find out... look before you leap. ;)

You may want to visit our Welcome Center located HERE
and introduce yourself to the other members.

I know you will make plenty of friends quick enough, and almost all are willing to help point you in the right direction.
Remember, due dilligence is the key, but sometimes in this business, a little knowledge, such as:
Cexsell.com is an exact match domain. Google Keyword Tool says the keyword [cexsell] has low competition and gets 9,900 searches a month. Eatgojiberries.com is not an exact match domain. But the exact keyword [gojiberries] has high competition with 33,100 searches per month. I just put "eat" in front of it. (FYI - goji berries are a superfood.)

can hurt you if you dont really understand what it really means.

Read, thank people for their input, read some more, thank some more people, read more and more, and then, when you think you finally know something about domaining, read a boatload more before you start reg'n names again... oh, and thank someone for taking the time to help you.

Now.... if you wanted an exersize that may help you out later, dev out your goji site and see for yourself why it may or may not have value to either a reseller or an enduser.

Good Luck, and again... Welcome to NP :wave:

Peace,
Cy

•••
Thank you SDSInc. I learned something from what you wrote in your last post. I am trying to learn more about how to buy in the aftermarket before I make the investment because I know the investment is a little higher. I've been watching the names coming up in the aftermarket and comparing them to what I've seen selling on DNJournal, Sedo, and other sales sites to try to see what's valuable. I appreciate your guidance in this message.

-Karen

---------- Post added at 08:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:52 AM ----------

Thanks to everyone who gave input. I will continue to read and study before I buy more domain names. And I am appreciative of everyone who took time out to respond. Best wishes. :)

-Karen

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back