IT.COM

registries My recent donation to the .bond registry.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

East Street

Established Member
Impact
Was on dynadot the other day doing some blah blah blah when I came across the .bond extension, which I had not seen before. That began a pleasant (so far) accidental trip into an unusual registry. With time on my hands I plugged some popular words into domain search and was more than a little surprised that not only were they showing as available, they were not tagged as 'Premium' or 'Reserved' names.

This is why I called .bond an unusual registry - having potentially high value names available to be registered without premiums is soooo old school. Long story short I was able to register, for $2.80 each @ DD, a number of rather popular names without incurring any premium fees or reserve notices.

Without boring you with all the names I reg'd, I will say that Canna was the first test word plugged in, and I can confirm it is no longer available. Intrigued I plugged more names in and was more than pleasantly shocked to find an abundance of reallllly good names available. These names are now residing in my DD account. As an added bonus the renewals are not crazy, about $10.

Now I am aware that .bond is a both teeny tiny player in a saturated market as well as not being a great fit for many key words, but for the price of admission, this was a great deal. It remains to be seen if the happyness will last, or if we eventually get the old 'registry error' message....'we regret to inform you those names were not meant for you, them's is reserved for the big dogs with the big money'.

Anywho so far its been fun, it may not last, but its worth a look if yer bored.......

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back