Dynadot

tips My Own Landing Page Makes Me PROUD!

NameSilo
Watch

Business Brands

Knowledge is PowerRestricted (Market)
Impact
I have my own! I built it with a website builder.
No more sleepless nights with fake buy it now inquiries on domain marketplaces.
I feel more confident and secure.
Already got contacted by some high net worth people.

Need even more moral fundament?
Telepathy, Digimedia, Anything, Schwartz use own landing page.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I think to create my own landing pages too but I don't know how to add payment options there! Is Escrow is the only way? And what about trust from the buyer who is interested in my domain?
At one stage I had created my own landing page (maybe I'll show an example if I get chance) using Wix as the OP had. To try and navigate the trust issues page had links to the domains listing at all the major marketplaces and a BIN or MAKE OFFER button to Escrow.com but stated that names were more expensive there due to marketplace commissions.

The main problem I encountered was making any bulk pricing changes was almost impossible as you'd have to go through each listing individually to change prices. The same goes for adding links etc to each page would have to be done individually which is a huge time commitment. They have recently added a CMS which allows you to make bulk content changes but not link editing etc (which is also the only way to have more than 100 landing pages as Wix only allow 100 pages per site).

I'm guessing these can be overcome with WP etc buy using cms.

Ultimately if you have 50 - 100 names it is possible to make your own landers on Wix with some some investment but it probably isn't the most economical way of doing things.

•••
Why would you create your own landing pages? If you don't sell on AN, you won't sell anywhere! I really don't see any serious reason, unless you are owner of 1 word super premium .coms worth millions.
If you are a good domainer, that does not necessarily mean you are a good negotiator as well..

Last edited:
•••
Why would you create your own landing pages? If you don't sell on AN, you won't sell anywhere! I really don't see any serious reason, unless you are owner of 1 word super premium .coms worth millions.
If you are a good domainer, that does not necessarily mean you are a good negotiator as well..
I'm guessing the main reason is to avoid the extortionate commissions. Some people are good negotiators too and some marketplace negotiators are going to be bad. Sellers might want more control over the process.

•••
I'm guessing the main reason is to avoid the extortionate commissions. Some people are good negotiators too and some marketplace negotiators are going to be bad. Sellers might want more control over the process.
Indeed, but internet is not like it used to be 10-15 years ago, there are so many scams online and it's getting worse. I don't mind paying a small commission to a reputable company like Go Daddy to do this job. ..If a buyer can pay $2500, he can also pay $2900..Also not all sales happen through negotiation, quite a few are BIN purchases. And they are not gonna trust / hit the BIN button on some unknown domainer's website that could be a another scammer in some Cambodian factory..

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back