Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

frank-germany

domainer since 2001 / musicianTop Member
Impact
let me share my results from my yesterday outbound with you:

102018_e8c3ffdb8f09cce3f1a8446a254a99ea.png

1 answered: "how much?"

1 answered: "No thanks. Would you be interested acquiring iamadomainsquatter.com? "
(No match for "IAMADOMAINSQUATTER.COM".
>>> Last update of whois database: 2018-04-07T05:45:48Z <<<)

1 answered:
"Thanks for the email, we don't really need another domain, but I see the evaluation is ~$850, so can give you $450.00 for it, would that work?"

any suggestions how to react?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hi!

I noticed you are the owner of xxx Just letting you know that xxx is now on sale, let us know if you are interested and we will get back to you.
If you are not interested, have a nice day and sorry to bother you about this.

-------------------------------

Hi!

xxx is looking for a new owner :) and you can secure it through our company. Just let us know and we will get back to you with the details.
I would be happy to hear from you!
A screenshot not a typed paragraph lol also neither of those are word for word to mine lol... they are closer to the other user above with the apology. Regardless, I guarantee you frank, its 100000x better than “WHY wont you buy this name? Huh?!? TELL ME!!?”

•••
the replies is all that counts
after open rate tells you it was not send to spam

what is the reply rate
what is the reply
and most importantly
what is your answer???
The replies are all that counts??? Thats what me and Jurgen said lmao YOU said “Whats the open rate?!? Read rate?!?”

I’m trying to answer you as best as I can but like I said, i’m guessing english isnt your first language. I literally just gave you my answer, you can pick all the info you need out of my reply lol

I gave you my pitch because your sales pitch is spammy (Contrary to what one user said, the one who starts off with an apology lol) You need to use PROPER punctuation, don’t berate the customer like they’re being interrogated “GIVE ME ONE REASON WHY YOU WONT BUY THIS NAME?????? TELL ME’!?!.’!?”

It looks bad. If you want the info, copy and paste my pitch, and do your own analysis, because at the rate I got opens/clicks/replies, my pitch did better than yours with your 53% read rate :)

Last edited:
•••
•••
A screenshot not a typed paragraph lol also neither of those are word for word to mine lol... they are closer to the other user above with the apology. Regardless, I guarantee you frank, its 100000x better than “WHY wont you buy this name? Huh?!? TELL ME!!?”

yes of course ;)

"the Hey Why Don't you buy"
was the 3rd email to people
who had clicked on a link in my previous mails
not the first contact

•••
The replies are all that counts??? Thats what me and Jurgen said lmao YOU said “Whats the open rate?!? Read rate?!?”

I’m trying to answer you as best as I can but like I said, i’m guessing english isnt your first language. I literally just gave you my answer, you can pick all the info you need out of my reply lol

I gave you my pitch because your sales pitch is spammy (Contrary to what one user said, the one who starts off with an apology lol) You need to use PROPER punctuation, don’t berate the customer like they’re being interrogated “GIVE ME ONE REASON WHY YOU WONT BUY THIS NAME?????? TELL ME’!?!.’!?”

It looks bad. If you want the info, copy and paste my pitch, and do your own analysis, because at the rate I got opens/clicks/replies, my pitch did better than yours with your 53% read rate :)

the open rate tells me the emails get read
are not send to spam

but I can't pay the bills from open rate

but it tells me if I need to tweak stuff
like the subject
or the technical details

but then
how many do reply
to which body ( sales copy )

and what do you do after
"how much" reply

how do you react
to an offer
you can live with
but is the first counter offer
( accepting means - they disappear - not only once in a while )

yes english is not my first language
as they teach german here in kindergarten ( a german word )

•••
•••
If you are offering good domains at the right prices, it doesn't really matter the amount of emails sent, open rate, replies, etc. You only need 1 buyer. My outbound sales rate is generally 1 sale per 5 marketed domains. So If I market 5 in a day, I normally get 1 sale. Only about 20-70 emails on average per domain offer. I don't care about anything in between only sales = results. If you aren't getting sales, become more valuable to the marketplace.

But I have been shifting away from outbound and focusing more on inbound as outbound is getting harder each time because there are too many people spamming in the domain industry and it's just hurting the legit people. People are tired of all the web design, seo, renewal scams, etc emails going around. Also many "domainers" offering worthless stuff. I also get "domainers" offering me 0 value domains at end user prices when they shouldn't have even emailed me such offer because I am not relevant but they don't care. They just gather a bunch of emails and blast their worthless domains all around filling peoples already saturated email accounts with more junk.

Domaining is a skill. I can go right now and hand register 5-10 domains and make a $200-$300 sale next week. What matters is the domain you are offering. If you aren't bringing value to the marketplace, don't expect a sale.

•••
Hi!

I noticed you are the owner of xxx Just letting you know that xxx is now on sale, let us know if you are interested and we will get back to you.
If you are not interested, have a nice day and sorry to bother you about this.

-------------------------------

Hi!

xxx is looking for a new owner :) and you can secure it through our company. Just let us know and we will get back to you with the details.
I would be happy to hear from you!
So your opening line is just "Hi" ?

Each mail should be personalized, which means you should have a name, and address the recipient as Mr/Mrs XXXX, or at the very to the relevant marketing manager (in larger entities). But even then, you should do research, if necessary call the company first to get the name and contact details of the relevant decision-maker.

Saying hi just doesn't cut it for me. Even a one-man company should be addressed by his own name.
End users are not stupid, they get spam every day. It always beging with Hi !, Hello ! or: Dear Sir (seriously) :-P
At least give them the feeling that you made a personal effort when writing to them.

As the saying goes, you get only one chance to make a first impression :)

•••

Each mail should be personalized, which means you should have a name, and address the recipient as Mr/Mrs XXXX, or at the very to the relevant marketing manager (in larger entities). But even then, you should do research, if necessary call the company first to get the name and contact details of the relevant decision-maker.

Saying hi just doesn't cut it for me. Even a one-man company should be addressed by his own name.
End users are not stupid, they get spam every day. It always beging with Hi !, Hello ! or: Dear Sir (seriously) :-P
At least give them the feeling that you made a personal effort when writing to them.

@Kate
the quoted email was a spam I have received today

I would never start with "Hi"
I start with "Hey," ;)

•••

@Kate
the quoted email was a spam I have received today

I would never start with "Hi"
I start with "Hey," ;)

“Hey” to me and many others is regarded as immature, a lot of older folks will actually be a bit upset when you say “hey” to them, they will even correct you lol

I think that any email we send can be regarded as “spam”, there are so so so many email spammers, that every template is used up and bone dry. One thing is for sure though, correct spelling, correct punctuation, and right word placement matters tremendously. Also my sites are all set up with a ready to purchase landing page in case they want a no contact deal. However, I will always do a follow up email to those who opened it about 1-2 months after if I haven’t got a reply.

•••
Domaining is a skill. I can go right now and hand register 5-10 domains and make a $200-$300 sale next week. What matters is the domain you are offering. If you aren't bringing value to the marketplace, don't expect a sale.
You should do that and test it, I would be thoroughly impressed

Last edited:
•••
“Hey” to me and many others is regarded as immature, a lot of older folks will actually be a bit upset when you say “hey” to them, they will even correct you lol

I think that any email we send can be regarded as “spam”, there are so so so many email spammers, that every template is used up and bone dry. One thing is for sure though, correct spelling, correct punctuation, and right word placement matters tremendously. Also my sites are all set up with a ready to purchase landing page in case they want a no contact deal. However, I will always do a follow up email to those who opened it about 1-2 months after if I haven’t got a reply.

I wasn't doing because I specially like but because of this:

https://blog.boomerangapp.com/2017/...l&utm_source=year+in+review&utm_campaign=2018

•••
•••
IMO one of the most important things (besides emailing relevant candidates only) is to include the option for end users to opt out from receiving emails from you in the future (and honoring such requests of course). Like mentioned above, some people will consider any unsolicited email spam. Doesn't matter how relevant the person is. Plus this is required in order to be Can-Spam compliant. Many domainers don't include this on their outbound emails which is wrong. And then there are ones who do include it but don't honor the opt out requests which is even worse. This will not only save you from people flagging your emails as spam but it shows respect towards end users. Plus again you are supposed to include this so it shouldn't even be a question of whether to or not.

Last edited:
•••
IMO one of the most important things (besides emailing relevant candidates only) is to include the option for end users to opt out from receiving emails from you in the future (and honoring such requests of course). Like mentioned above, some people will consider any unsolicited email spam. Doesn't matter how relevant the person is. Plus this is required in order to be Can-Spam compliant. Many domainers don't include this on their outbound emails which is wrong. And then there are ones who do include it but don't honor the opt out requests which is even worse. This will not only save you from people flagging your emails as spam but it shows respect towards end users. Plus again you are supposed to include this.

that is definitely not the most important thing to get the sale

•••
Then don't complain when your email gets shut down or you get another F**k off response... You are just hurting the industry as a whole.

Last edited:
•••
Then don't complain when your email gets shut down or you get another F**k off response... You are just hurting the industry as a whole.

I can handle F**K offs anytime

•••
So If I market 5 in a day, I normally get 1 sale. Only about 20-70 emails on average per domain offer.
So you send 100-300 emails a day. How it's ever possible, granted you're trying to make each email personalized?

•••
I don’t personalize... If an end user wants to buy my domain, the fact that I didn’t personalize won’t affect the sale. Each domain is unique.

Last edited:
•••
what is the best answer to a

"how much" - reply ?

•••
•••
•••

BIN is $175 USD ??????

"The <domain-name> is available for $x"

or

I'm currently selling <domain-name> for $x

etc...

Replace x with your desired price.

•••
"The <domain-name> is available for $x"

or

I'm currently selling <domain-name> for $x

etc...

Replace x with your desired price.

Thank you

Why is this the best reply?

Did you test several versions?

What do you do when after that
All you get is silence?

Another version would be to
Make the price look tiny

Or to justify it

•••
follow up emails at least are opened
no outbound sales since april

upload_2018-6-12_8-20-37.png

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back