Dynadot

strategy My investment in domain names!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DFM

Account Closed (Requested)
Impact
Hi Guys!

Since I'm new here, I'm not sure if this is the right category.
Yet , I would like to introduce my investment in domain names for 2021:

sk1n.com - bought for $ 305
freizeitsport.com - bought for € 149
zahnfabrik.com - bought for 119 €
möbliert.de - bought for 50 € (furnished in german)
lotto.bz - bought for € 49
parbook.com - bought for $ 1001
divisao.com - bought for $ 275

I will be interested in whether you have invested and in what name and whether you are using an investment strategy.

Regards

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Dont spend so much on fantasy names.
They are good to have, if you purchase them for cheap.
1000$ for parbook.com is way too much.
1/ I wouldnt buy it.
2/ If I had to, Id spend 20$ to have it.

If you are going to spend 1000$ on one name, better to spend on real words, and short combinations of words that make sense.
And even then, you'll need quantity to achieve sales.

•••
Dont spend so much on fantasy names.
They are good to have, if you purchase them for cheap.
1000$ for parbook.com is way too much.
1/ I wouldnt buy it.
2/ If I had to, Id spend 20$ to have it.

If you are going to spend 1000$ on one name, better to spend on real words, and short combinations of words that make sense.
And even then, you'll need quantity to achieve sales.
hello and thanks for your opinion. 1k is a lot of money for a fantasy name, but sometimes these can develop very well. I currently have parbook.com on sale on sedo. starting price 10k and 9 observers. let's see how it develops.

https://sedo.com/search/details/?pa...r_6&utm_medium=Parking&utm_campaign=offerpage

Last edited:
•••
I wonder where did you buy these domains from? Because you should get them much cheaper than that.. knowing where to buy and how much to pay is a must have skill for domain investing. ParBook is a brandable and in worst case you should not pay more than $199 for it.

I will not go in details about best practices for starting in domaining, you will find plenty of threads and articles in this forum. However I will mention a simple recommendation:
Stick with 1-2 words .com.
For all other extensions (.de, .co, .io..) only buy if the name is 1 generic word.

There are exceptions of course to the above, like for example a name like SuperWallet will be strong in many extension, however sticking with the above rule when you start in domaining will make things easier for you and you will make mistakes less often.

Last edited:
•••
I wonder where did you buy these domains from? Because you should get them much cheaper than that.. knowing where to buy and how much to pay is a must have skill for domain investing. ParBook is a brandable and in worst case you should not pay more than $199 for it.

I will not go in details about best practices for starting in domaining, you will find plenty of threads and articles in this forum. However I will mention a simple recommendation:
Stick with 1-2 words .com.
For all other extensions (.de, .co, .io..) only buy if the name is 1 generic word.

There are exceptions of course to the above, like for example a name like SuperWallet will be strong in many extension, however sticking with the above rule when you start in domaining will make things easier for you and you will make mistakes less often.
very correct! Many Thanks. I believe that you can make mistakes and learn from mistakes. I hope that since I get good tips here, the mistakes are less common ...

Last edited:
•••
Can I ask the reasoning behind paying $1001 for ParBook?

I googled it and nothing really comes up, a few people have this name - I am wondering if I am missing something, because to me it is not worth that........unless it has some specific meaning
attached to it.....
Par Book could also easily tie into Par Value/Book Value (finance)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back