NameSilo

My Hostbill Review

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
My Hostbill Review

Background

I have been in the web hosting business since early 2001, under the name WizardsWeb. I was hosting and creating websites for local businesses only. In November 2003 I decided to branch out and target national and international business which I then renamed the business Fusionhost - Fusionhost | Fusing you with the web

By September 2005 I had just less than 1000 hosting clients ranging from small shared packages to dedicated servers around the world.

Unfortunately on the 9th of N November 2005 I had a life changing motorcycle accident and decided to close the company so I could concentrate on my rehab.

I decided in late 2009 to re open the business and started researching heavily on the industry changes since I was gone. This is when I discovered an alternative to WHMCS which has the market share at the moment.

Hostbill is the new kid on the block but their enthusiasm for their product amazed me... So I thought I’d give it a shot.

I’m really glad I did! At first it was lacking features but I made a thread on their forum suggesting features and they were pleasantly responsive. All my suggestions have been added within 2 updates which is amazing.

See - Questions - HostBill Forums

There are lots of positive features for using their software, but here are just a few:

The software is FREE if you have less than five clients!
It’s also FREE for a three month trial so you can test the system in depth

The staff are always helpful and friendly!
They have ultra-fast support times unlike their competitors
The software is continually being updated WITH customer requests (every month)
They are always willing to add new features that you need to make your business grow
Hostbill has seamless integration
The layout is uncluttered! For both the admin and the user unlike their competition

Hostbill IS also cheaper than WHMCS!

Some other suggestions I have to improve the software are:

An easy deletion of clients, which it automatically re numbers the client I.D’s,
Forum Integration,
Promotional Codes to automatically update on the site (Using integrator)
A Free domain registration feature with certain hosting plans

Conclusion

The main sales point for me was, that the staff actually listen to what the customer requests and produce it in record time (product updates).

Yes the software is new, but they are listening to their customer requests and producing the goods within weeks not months! Their customer support is excellent, tickets are responded to within minutes usually.

For this reason I will be staying with Hostbill for a very long time.

Regards,
Jon @ Fusionhost

P.S. If this is in the wrong section please move it

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Glad to hear that you are happy with your service! Hopefully they can continue to keep you this happy!

•••
So many details here!
Thanks for the review

•••
No problem make sure you check them out

•••
Fantastic review! Thanks for sharing with the community.

Jack

•••
Good review is a sign to the web hostying provider as well. They must be happy that you are customer of them.

•••
Thanks for letting us know about their services. I think you are really happy with them and that they are keeping you happy.

•••
We use WHMCS and it works great, so it's kind of hard to even consider another billing software because why try to fix something if it's not broke?

In what areas of the HostBill software do you feel may be lacking in comparison with WHMCS? And which areas are better?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back