NameSilo

.us My first .US development

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
% wise, I have more .US domains than any other. Currently I am just starting work on www.hedonist.us (not live at all yet). It is going to become a small directory containing stats and information on only the hottest ( and coolest ) clubs from the US.

Just wondering if you guys have any ideas or tips for me. What would you like to see on the page that would make a nice feature. I want a few of the top clubs from every state, so any links to popular clubs are very much appreciated!

Look forward to hearing peoples opinions and ideas. :) :o

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Never heard of a site like that before but there must be many. That's good thing because it means your site will be unique or it's a bad thing because no site has ever made a lot. Pretty good idea though.

•••
Is there anything relating to clubs in the name? Hedonist.. maybe I am just stupid. Anyways could be cool if you make it look good and stuff. Doubt you would get much hits off of it though.

•••
Since some are unaware....

A 'hedonist' is a person who lives a certain lifestyle that pursues pleasure, and exploring the different ways of achieving it. A very sensual thing, and sometimes (but not always) a sexual one. There are clubs, resorts and vacations geared towards this lifestyle, just like any other.

Great idea Rob. I might be able to help find some links and references for you later. :)

•••
I wonder how many of the average persons know that and would type that in..

•••
I don't think type-ins are his end goal, if I had to guess.
Development will top type-ins on all but the best keywords.

I like the idea, but isn't the name also the TM'd name of a chain of clubs/resorts in the US? Not that it should stop you, it just might be competing with the resort chain with their name, a big no-no...

Anyhow, check into it, I can't login to uspto.gov right now for some reason.

-Allan

•••
TGN_Merchant said:
I wonder how many of the average persons know that and would type that in..
Well, how many people are going to type-in TheGetNetwork.com? Nobody! Unless of course they know a site is there. It's about development, not type-ins. For that matter, there are different kinds of type-in traffic. As Allan said though, dev wins in most cases regardless.

Most of the major sites I visit would never have been words or phrases that anybody would just 'naturally' type into their browser. After knowing about them, and hearing about them, that's when things change.

Virtually any word or phrase can be developed into a successful site/brand. Now, if you can get a good keyword to develop, then of course that's a big plus. All these things are factors, but development is king. Not .com, not type-ins. Development!

:)

•••
Watch out- they may try to take your .us's away someday if you can't pass the test...

best regards,

Andrew

•••
Thanks for all advice and comments.

IAmAllanShore, I wasnt aware that it could be a TM. If you get a chance to check, that would be much appreciated.

•••
Glad to see .US get developed! Keep it up Rob! :tu:

•••
Meh, most are dead, the only live one:
Word Mark A HEDONIST'S GUIDE
Goods and Services IC 009. US 021 023 026 036 038. G & S: PRERECORDED VIDEO TAPES AND DISCS, AND DOWNLOADABLE ELECTRONIC PUBLICATIONS IN THE NATURE OF BOOKS, ARTICLES AND PERIODICALS ON THE SUBJECT OF TRAVEL, DINING, ACCOMMODATIONS, CULTURE, SPORTS, SHOPPING, NIGHTLIFE, SPAS, HEALTH CLUBS AND ENTERTAINMENT; CONTACT LENSES, SPECTACLES AND SUNGLASSES
IC 016. US 002 005 022 023 029 037 038 050. G & S: PRINTED PUBLICATIONS, NAMELY BOOKS, MAGAZINES AND PERIODICALS ON THE SUBJECT OF TRAVEL, DINING, ACCOMMODATIONS, CULTURE, SPORTS, SHOPPING, NIGHTLIFE, SPAS, HEALTH CLUBS AND ENTERTAINMENT

IC 041. US 100 101 107. G & S: ENTERTAINMENT SERVICES, NAMELY TELEVISION PROGRAMS AND TELEVISION, VIDEO AND CINEMATOGRAPHIC FILM PRODUCTION, AND SUBSCRIPTION SERVICES IN THE NATURE OF ELECTRONIC PUBLICATIONS

Standard Characters Claimed
Mark Drawing Code (4) STANDARD CHARACTER MARK
Serial Number 78604580
Filing Date April 8, 2005
Current Filing Basis 1B;44D
Original Filing Basis 1B;44D
Owner (APPLICANT) FILMER LIMITED PRIVATE LIMITED COMPANY UNITED KINGDOM 47 FILMER ROAD LONDON UNITED KINGDOM SW6 7JJ
Attorney of Record TERESA C. TUCKER
Priority Date April 8, 2005
Type of Mark TRADEMARK. SERVICE MARK
Register PRINCIPAL
Live/Dead Indicator LIVE

"Hedonism" was the name of the club-chain I was thinking of,
http://www.superclubs.com/brand_hedonism/

-Allan

•••
"Hedonism" is more than a mispelling from "Hedonist", but a whole different word so you should not have any TM issues. Good luck with your site!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back