IT.COM

My first sale on BrandDo!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

rubencouto

DN FrontTop Member
Impact
Hello!

Last year I decided to try my way into the world of brandables. I found it to be (and still do) a challenging niche, especially for a non-native English speaker. So I started to read and learn a bit more about this type of domains (mainly here on NamePros) while registering some names. Up to now most of my domains are hand registered (and, with a BrandBucket acceptance rate of 14%, it shows :-D).

Almost three months ago I sold my first domain published on BB (name freely shared by @NameClerk.com ). You can read about it here: https://www.namepros.com/threads/my-first-sale-on-brandbucket.953910/ . However, the large amount of rejects was still a bit discouraging. Today I still have quite a large amount of BB rejects, but now I submit those to other marketplaces, like Namerific and BrandDo (no, I don’t have a BrandRoot account). Some of these got accepted and this is how I came to my first BrandDo sale!

Namepros user @Brandroot posts some very interesting lists of brandable domains. And in one of these lists I found Avamio(dot)com. So I hand registered it using a Dotster promo, for $1,69. This domain was rejected by BB and NR, but was accepted by BD. And a few weeks later it sold, for mid $xxx!! Of course this is not much... But with a ROI of 24523% (!) I’m quite happy with the sale!

Again I come to the conclusion that NamePros is truly an exceptional community, filled with really generous and supportive folks, like the ones I mentioned above and many more!

I’m also convinced that this strategy of not putting all your eggs in BB’s basket is very useful. I started doing this after reading a post from another Namepros member whose name I can´t remember. And, go figure, there is life beyond BrandBucket! :)

As far as my BrandDo experience goes, I would say it was good. The support is very good and they reply quickly. The payment was also on time. When the buyer first approached me, though, their website was not fully functional. They took care of it right away! Besides, I also think their seller dashboard needs some improvement. On the other hand, the no-fee listing (you must provide your own logo) and the low sales commission (12%) are very attractive. I was also very happy with the “first sale no escrow fees” unexpected bonus!!

Best regards!
Ruben Couto

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
Thank you for sharing! I almost forgot I created an account at Branddo a few months ago. I'll add my BB rejected names asap :)

•••
What is their policy regarding listing fees and exclusivity?

•••
Congrats :)

I like the possibility to have mid $xxx brandables up on a marketplace, so I will look into it.

I saw some auctions here in the past, only sporadically though. Is it just as easy to push a name to another account as it is on BB?

Cheers,
Tim

•••
What is their policy regarding listing fees and exclusivity?
No listing fees and I think no exclusivity (but I'm not sure about this).

•••
Congrats :)

I like the possibility to have mid $xxx brandables up on a marketplace, so I will look into it.

I saw some auctions here in the past, only sporadically though. Is it just as easy to push a name to another account as it is on BB?

Cheers,
Tim
Well, I didn't push it to another BrandDo user account. The buyer wanted the domain to be transfered to a different registrar. So I unlocked the domain and sent the transfer code to BrandDo sales. They sent it to the buyer and I'm not sure if they assisted him further in the process. But, for me it was simple.

•••
•••
Thanks for contacting BrandDo Support.

List your domains at BrandDo marketplace is free, you only pay 12%
commission on sales made.

BrandDo Agreements:

- Your domain name must not exceed 10 characters / One or two words easy
to spell

- BrandDo supports only the .COM extension

- Your Domain Name must be a minimum age of 60 days from registration or
renewal date

- Your selling price will be reviewed by our brokers and if it is
considered too high, we will suggest one

- BrandDo charges only 12% commission on sales made

- BrandDo Escrow service fees is $25. But if the sale is conducted
through the Escrow.com website these fees can be shared by You and the
Buyer.

- If your domain name is accepted to be listed on our marketplace, you
must provide the details below:
1- Professional and good quality logo (JPG or PNG format)
2- Minimum of 150 words description highlighting your domain name
3- Setup a forwarding for your domain to the the sale page eg :
www.branddo.com/yourdomain

- We not require the listing exclusivity, you can list your domain on
other marketplaces BUT you need to keep your domain redirected to the
sales page at BrandDo.

•••
•••
Thanks for contacting BrandDo Support.

- If your domain name is accepted to be listed on our marketplace, you
must provide the details below:
1- Professional and good quality logo (JPG or PNG format)
2- Minimum of 150 words description highlighting your domain name
3- Setup a forwarding for your domain to the the sale page eg :
www.branddo.com/yourdomain

- We not require the listing exclusivity, you can list your domain on
other marketplaces BUT you need to keep your domain redirected to the
sales page at BrandDo.

Thanks for sharing this info! I don't know what to think, it sounds pretty demanding to prepare dozen of domains for listing. Low commission is positive for sure, but I don't see if BrandDo is better option then own landing pages (or Efty and similar).
But it would be nice if they make some noise, since we need more players besides BB in brand able area. So far I don't see BR and NR succeeded in this task.

•••
how to redirect domain to branddo ??

•••
•••
I have a question
I got one accepted there. But the lack of information... damn
What are the technical details for the logo?

•••
now you just have to forward your domain to brandpa, & relax,they will do rest of the work. it will take one or two week.

•••
But I have to tell my friend about the logo technical details (in px) to make one :)
They say in the example 600x410 but I've read that actually is much more.
Maybe I'll double it and try

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back