Dynadot

My First Domain Sale - L/Hub/com - $14,500

Labeled as .com in Domain Selling and Domain Sales started by Mitchell Hengesbach, Sep 11, 2018.

Replies:
Views:

1. Mitchell Hengesbach

Mitchell Hengesbach Upgraded Member Blue Account

Purchased on 5/30/18 from a GoDaddy expired auction for $985.
    Listed for sale on 6/23/18 with BrandPa.
    Received an initial offer price of $12,500 and this was declined. The buyer countered with $14,500 on 8/13/18 and I accepted.
    Finalized the transaction today, 9/11/18.

Very happy with BrandPa. Being my first domain sale ever, I did not have the best understanding on the process of selling and transferring a domain. BrandPa helped me step-by-step, no issues at all. High quality content and even better customer service!

I was really surprised how quickly this sold, even more surprised by the 1600% return in only a few months. I was feeling a bit defeated there for awhile, but I feel rejuvenated and hopeful for the future!

Last edited: Sep 11, 2018
    Likes: biggie, mr-x, .X., newshunter, domainer111, john_karr, NamesBond, kam, DNBro, cipcip, noonoo1, nicedomains, Zoltan P., mems, CarlosN, kaposzta, IMEZI, korganian, dnviet, infosec3, main, dragtastic, Crysis, Magicpig2, Vinod R, Boz, golan, elmoney, eurorealtor, Beezy, VijaiZ, kandyan, matj, 4balon, kite26, SuperBrander, gblasting, sheiky, wwwulff, japty, DeliDomains, elevator, Axc, Skyvisum, rubencouto, Keith DeBoer, Grilled, iAchilles, BrandVenue, MarketingStrategies.com, scanner2005, BuyBrandWeb.com, abdou01, Maestro88, Lovecraft, gbs domain, damance, Cristi Marin, Ram corbin, Silentptnr, smartwebby, james haw, freety85, Domain Galleria, farouk20, okmachan, Haris, AlokDomain, Kingslayer, Joseph CA, CJ6, Brandingtheweb.com, justlife, AuctionBio, vanvinh, Hireinternet, VaibhavA, Joe Nichols, Mister Funsky, mdent, Sinh, Negoshi, Josytal, Spiraldom, Leo Angelo, slader23, wesley sweatman, dorje, DnFolk, angky Camaro, gtldomainer, Max1000, Nikhil Jain, base2005, youaintme, Bonsu, Rxshow, Heyzee, ajenipa, SamDam, Rinkuji, Satyajit Adhikary, cooljub, Domaining Ocean, Adidotcom, awwalmb, Marshall, karmaco, DomainBarracksRob, Kamaldeen, Yusupbabay, Nikul Sanghvi, BeachLife, Ollie3000, Dinesh.kumar, medomain, saj110, Criterion811, jmaurya, Niraj Kumar, Sumeeth, domains21, DeeJay23, Nahdism, efizi, Bertrell, Tshombe, DrJacoby, MS-Domains, MrAcidic, PAVAN, Jonathan MacDermid, MediaCode, Coinking, sohel momin, coinosis, bojan1, Darren C, NYJimbo, Jonathan Beadle, Promxy94, Giroud, Jay Ha, Avijit Roy, ndeekay121
    The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. saj110

saj110 Established Member

That is a great sale with an excellent ROI MItchell (y), especially considering this is your first sale. Congrats ! and keep going strong :xf.smile:. Btw ,was this the first offer you received or did you receive offers earlier also since the time you listed on Brandpa ?

3. Mitchell Hengesbach

Thank you @saj110 ! Really appreciate the kind words :)

I've never received an offer prior to this sale, on BrandPa or any other site.

4. biggie

biggie Top Member VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Congrats on your sale

that was a good pickup for you, at that price.

well done!

imo...

5. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes formerly MetBob NameTalent VIP

Wow, that is an incredible sale, especially for your first! Congratulations @Mitchell Hengesbach ! I think you got a superb price for it, and admire your confidence to hold out on the initial offer to get a bit more.

I just checked on NameBio for 4 letter .com that end in hub, and if listed this would become the highest price (of the 10 sales listed). Only 1 of the sales there topped $3000 (here is list).

I am not really into brandables and have not used BrandPa - do they suggest an original asking price? Thanks again for the details, and congrats! Hope you have many more big sales!

6. themavrick

themavrick Upgraded Member Gold Account

Congrats!!!

That must have been really exciting. Congrats!

7. Rinkuji

Rinkuji Active Member VIP

Congrats! (y)

What is domain name?

8. Deepak Bhandari

Deepak Bhandari Established Member

9. domains21

domains21 Established Member

Congratulations!! That is a beauty of a first sale and a hell of a way to kick off your domaining career. :xf.grin:

10. karmaco

karmaco Active Member VIP

11. NYJimbo

NYJimbo Domain Re-Animator

$985 was a big commitment on an expired auction, but obviously it really paid off. Bravo !

12. rh2000

rh2000 Established Member

Congrats on your first sale.

13. Mitchell Hengesbach

Thank you! It was my first "big" investment in a domain. Feeling really good!

14. J Sokol

J Sokol Established Member

Wow Mitchell, you really dove right in to domaining! Congrats on your amazing first sale, and thanks for providing hope for all of us newbies.

15. Mitchell Hengesbach

Thank you! Really appreciate your kind words :)

Thanks for the information about NameBio. I went a step further and looked at the sales for LLLL without hyphens or numbers for the past year. It looks like the highest so far is tari/com at $40k and then wphq/com at $8k. Crazy to think that I would be the 2nd highest in the past year. I had no idea. Really fun to see those stats!

I've only used BrandPa for brandables, it's been a great experience so far. They do have a suggested asking price. They never used to let you put your own suggested asking price, but now they do.

Thanks again!

16. Mitchell Hengesbach

L/Hub/com

17. Mitchell Hengesbach

Yes, I was a little nervous about it. I felt confident though because it was a 4 LLLL, but it also had a popular keyword "hub" in it. So I had a feeling it would do ok, but I never thought it would sell for so much so quickly! Very excited!

18. Mitchell Hengesbach

Thank you! When I first started, I made plenty of mistakes (and still make plenty of mistakes). I spent a lot of time and money on hand reg domains, which in hindsight were terrible and I will likely not sell them or renew them. I learned a lot by doing research and reading various topics on this website. At the end of the day, you need to spend money to make money. I'm really particular about what I buy now and I never do hand reg domains. It's been quite the journey so far!

19. PAVAN

PAVAN Established Member

So this is the one with the email from BrandPa :xf.smile:. Nice going. Wish you get more such sales(y). Congratulations.

20. DomainBarracksRob

DomainBarracksRob Active Member VIP

21. Mister Funsky

Mister Funsky Active Member VIP

22. Mitchell Hengesbach

Yes! That was the one :) Thanks a lot!

23. Abdullah Abdullah

Abdullah Abdullah Devuu.com Moderator Gold Account VIP

Congrats buddy, I was expecting you would report a big sale when you mentioned you had one pending. Great to get such a first sale. Wish you and everyone of us more sales like these :)

24. Mitchell Hengesbach

Thank you!

25. golan

golan Leo.Domains Gold Account VIP

Wow. I think it's a world record for the first sale ever! Such a great sale, and such a bold investment!! Wish you more like this and even bigger!

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!