NameSilo

My dumb newbie question

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Ok laugh at me as much as you like, but here's my question.... Say I own a domain name that I bought from let's say Godaddy and I only paid the $8 fee to have it for 1 year.

Why would someone pay big money for it, if they can just wait until the end of the year when the name expires and it's back on the market?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Because you can hold onto it as long as you want it, as long as you keep paying the fees...

*There are no dumb questions, only dumb answers.

•••
because not all the expired one are a good one.
if you see a good domain, you have to buy it asap, othewise others will get it before you

•••
And maybe, just maybe you could get a little idea of what may be big in the future D-: that someone may just want :tu:

•••
how much it cost to renew our domains in namespro?

•••
I think for .com domain it'll cost another 495 NP$ to renew the domain in namepros if I am not mistaken

•••
ic....i thought it cost 575...thanks for the information..

•••
I am not sure about the 495 NP$ renew cost, slaydragon, but why would you think it costs 575? We need a definite answer from a NP staff member

•••
Those are both costs for registration, it went down from 575 to 495. Not sure i've ever seen a registration thing on NP.

•••
Yea im saving up for my domain :)

•••
because somebody can want your domain so badly, you will never be able imagine :)

•••
It might be a very good name. If you have it for $8 then nobody can use it. Let's say you were Bill Gates and someone owned www.microsoft.com. Well his company name is Microsoft. You know he will make booko bucks off his site. So he will flash you somehting like $200 that you find a lot but he finds small so he can put his site up...get it?

•••
TheComputerGeek247 said:
It might be a very good name. If you have it for $8 then nobody can use it. Let's say you were Bill Gates and someone owned www.microsoft.com. Well his company name is Microsoft. You know he will make booko bucks off his site. So he will flash you somehting like $200 that you find a lot but he finds small so he can put his site up...get it?
No ,I didn't get it! Next time use a major Dialect of ENGLISH that is understandable

SlantedNet said:
*There are no dumb questions, only dumb answers.
I could not say it better

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back