IT.COM

My dream domain landing page - Who has something similar?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

nonameman

Established Member
Impact
Hi,

I have used many services except efty.com so far, currently using UnDeveloped for a month but my inquiries dropped over 50% as compared to DNS/Uni. Additionally, landers don't even show the lease option if you don't set a BIN price which is a bad idea. No ability to set sub-folders showing domains in different categories in your folder.

None of the parking/lander companies have a complete solution at this time unless I am living under a rock and missed it :)

My vision of a dream parking/sale lander company is as follows:

1. Let's you bulk upload your domains with or Without BIN prices
2. Company offers many settings. You set the settings in the account for: Min offer, Lease only, Lease/rent to buy, and even JV settings (Joint Venture for development)

3. Then automatically generate the landers that show ALL the following on the page:
a. Make Offer
b. BIN - Buy Now
c. Lease this domain - based on a criteria you select in admin panel, lease prices are automatically calculated for 12, 24, or 36 month lease.
d. Rent/Lease to Own option - based on a criteria you select in admin panel, lease "to own"prices are automatically calculated for 12, 24, or 36 month.
e. Develop this domain (JV) option: JV settings can be set from the admin and applied to all domains such as; domain ownership stays with owner or thir party escrow while domain in JV, development time, minimum monthly fees paid to domain owner (like minimum $20 per month etc or actual revenue or profit sharing whichever is higher), % JV equity owned by domain owner, revenue/profit targets and timeline agreement, minimum selling price of the JV for potential sale/exit, Domain to be returned to owner if JV fails, etc.

4. Payment/escrow services integrated in landers.
5. Affiliate or Finder's fee setting option - Option to display where I can pay a % (% set from admin panel) to anyone who finds a buyer for me. This way we are turning our potential visitors to our buyer finders. Imagine people in companies asking their friends and coworkers to become a buyer finder and get a commission! If I can pay 10% or so of the price to a buyer finders, it can be huge incentive for them....$1000 or a $10,000 sale. It can lead to lots of increased sales if we share the wealth with our domain visitors or developers.

Truth is none of us can sell or develop all of our domains efficiently and/or to full potential.

In addition to sales, there must be JV development integration on the landing pages if we want to be successful. If a JV succeeds, then many people will earn and share wealth instead of the domainer just trying to sell the domain. Parking/Lander provider can also be an equity stake holder in the JV and actually can hold the domain in JV.

Does anything like this exist anywhere?
Has anyone developed anything like this?

Is this idea (JV idea on landers and Buyer Finder's fee option) worth pursuing or should we take it to the back of barn and shoot it? :)

Please share your landers and thoughts.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
We're well into the 21st century... 2020's are almost upon us, so I'd add to this the need for...

- AI integration so the domain landers could search the 'net for potential end users...

- an emailer backend to follow through and automagically contact auto-selected potential end users / buyers with an offer (tailor-generated based on set criteria)...

Yep... that, and what you've mentioned earlier, ought to do it! (y)

Seriously! Autonomous, self-driving cars are here... a moonbase and mission to Mars are in the works... lets get all them pesky, lazy, domains working for us, instead of burning the midnight oil more often than not, trying to do something productive with them domains just lying around, doing nothing! :xf.grin::xf.grin:

Last edited:
•••
Why would someone give up equity or whatever just for a domain name? Maybe if it received a ton of quality traffic.

•••
Let’s say you are a start up or good developer. You know how you can create a solid business using a suitable domain.

That domain cost 20, 50 or 100 grand or even more. You either don’t have that kind of cash available or you rather use that cash on development instead of domain.

So what you do is you give a portion of equity % in your business and get the domain to use without any upfront costs.

Happens more often than you may think.

It’s a win-win for all parties involved.

I know because I had one such experience already.

•••
Back