Domain Empire

My domain contains "you" and "tube", so the question...

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

owntype

DomainName.comTop Member
Impact
Hi, there

I have a domain "you"+"a word"+"tube".com

So can I provide the video link dump service with this name?

You know sometimes people may submit their favorite youtube video links on my site, I wonder will this cause some domain legal issues?

Thanks in advance for your help. :)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
google just reportedly paid 1.6 BILLION for the youtube service, even when they already had one of the top 5 video sharing services. I would guess they would want to protect that investment vigorously.

•••
owntype said:
Hi, there

I have a domain "you"+"a word"+"tube".com

So can I provide the video link dump service with this name?

You know sometimes people may submit their favorite youtube video links on my site, I wonder will this cause some domain legal issues?

Thanks in advance for your help. :)

Same keywords with the same basic niche -- yes, I can see a lotta problems arising from this

•••
Thank you for the suggestions.

Sad, have to continue the link dump service, otherwise, this domain is useless :)

OR, it is a good anti youtube domain name, but why anti youtube? :)

•••
Here is a good rule to live by....

If you register a name because it is similar to a TM that you are very well aware of and plan to use it in the same catagory, chances are your actions are in bad faith...

•••
You people think google will buy any you+word+tube domain name?! well, there are 200,000 "word"'s in the english dictionary then...

•••
softgroups said:
You people think google will buy any you+word+tube domain name?! well, there are 200,000 "word"'s in the english dictionary then...

They don't have to.

•••
Dave Zan said:
They don't have to.

So I shown the domain in my signature bravely :yell:

•••
owntype said:
So I shown the domain in my signature bravely :yell:

I'm guess the stars are for 'fu*king' right? That, in your use, is an adjetive -- and a commonly used one, at that. It seemingly doesn't really "describe" so it could be argued that it's being used as a verb, which would be inaccurate but nonetheless... You(noun)Tube.com is safe, depending on the noun but You(adjective)Tube.com might get you into trouble.

•••
Archangel said:
I'm guess the stars are for 'fu*king' right? That, in your use, is an adjetive -- and a commonly used one, at that. It seemingly doesn't really "describe" so it could be argued that it's being used as a verb, which would be inaccurate but nonetheless... You(noun)Tube.com is safe, depending on the noun but You(adjective)Tube.com might get you into trouble.

Hi, Archangel, thank you for the insights, does help.

Have to make it alive, do like this name :'(

•••
owntype said:
Hi, Archangel, thank you for the insights, does help.

Have to make it alive, do like this name :'(

I like the name but I don't think they'd like being associated with vulgarity :(

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back