Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Maximinus

Established Member
Impact
Hello, domainers!

Following the advice of most of the people at my poll:
https://www.namepros.com/threads/who-is-best-seller-market-place-2020.1180575/
I've decided to make an account at Afternic and Dan.

While Dan stuff is present and guiding, I had the strangest EVER experiance with Afternic.
I have made my account there, but in order to use it I needed to answer a verification Email to my Email.
Guess what? There is no chance of getting it.
I was checking my spam. Clicking on the "resent verification email" button. Writing Email to their customer support.
What is an automated service which happens in seconds everywhere is impossible with Afternic.

Is my Gmail an enigma for Afternic?

What do you think?

Greetings

p.s.Everyone from Godaddy is welcome to coment.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
i think you have to do whatever you can do to get in Afternic’s network (biggest there is)

You can also sell at DAN as the two dont have to be listed mutually exclusive of each

Lastly @Joe Styler guy to contact w/ any afternic problems, good guy even though not biggest afternic gd fan.

Last edited:
•••
Yesss!
My issue was solved!
I have recieved an Email about manual verification of my account(whatever that means) only 53 hours after the account creation.
Thank you Afternic!

•••
I just purchased a domain at Afternic and while the deal is done and I got my domain I must say the experience was a horrible outdated and buggy mess. The Afternic website is just glitchy all around. I had problems logging into my account, waited on a verification email that never came, couldn't even set my profile image without the whole website crashing and forcing me to log out. I had an issue where it didn't even want to take my money. Never again.

I got my domain, but never want to use Afternic again. Even the regular GoDaddy platform is 100x better and they're both owned by the same company. I feel like Afternic is largely abandoned by Godaddy with more emphasis on their main GoDaddy platform.

They need to completely overhaul Afternic with a fresh look and some updates to their back systems to make them more reliable.

Last edited:
•••
I feel like Afternic is largely abandoned by Godaddy with more emphasis on their main GoDaddy platform.
Or just keep runbing both brands separate, while still owner. more common than you think

They need to completely overhaul Afternic with a fresh look and some updates to their back systems to make them more reliable.
I actually agree with you there. It baffles my mind afternic # 1 sales. With that lander?
It’s all about the network and reach.

where I hope Godaddy masterfully leverages Uni-acquisition. not a fan of Afternic look. Time for upgrade @Joe Styler!

Last edited:
•••
I just purchased a domain at Afternic and while the deal is done and I got my domain I must say the experience was a horrible outdated and buggy mess. The Afternic website is just glitchy all around. I had problems logging into my account, waited on a verification email that never came, couldn't even set my profile image without the whole website crashing and forcing me to log out. I had an issue where it didn't even want to take my money. Never again.

I got my domain, but never want to use Afternic again. Even the regular GoDaddy platform is 100x better and they're both owned by the same company. I feel like Afternic is largely abandoned by Godaddy with more emphasis on their main GoDaddy platform.

Afternic is being worked on now and there will be improvements over the next year. It is getting some overdue attention.

•••
hi @Joe Styler It would be nice to have an api add/modify/delete domains on afternic.

•••
Hello @Joe Styler Can you please forward to Afternic management team a request to implement automatic removal of listings that were sold on Godaddy expired/closeout? I have to constantly email Afternic service to have my new acquisitions removed, and the worst part is thay stopped responding lately. It would be a 5 minute job to implement such system - and it is illegal to keep listing the domains that were sold on Godaddy auctions/expired/closeous, since Afternic has the necessary knowledge that the owner has changed and that they are no longer authorised to list the domain for sale, so Afternic is acting in bad faith.
It is just a simple backend job, does not even require an interface change. I have requested it repeatedly at [email protected], but there is no reaction for months. And the worst thing is the email removal procedure is also failing lately. It so embarassing for Afternic to act like that.

•••
Afternic is being worked on now and there will be improvements over the next year. It is getting some overdue attention.

I'm glad to hear that improvements are in the works.

•••
Hello @Joe Styler Can you please forward to Afternic management team a request to implement automatic removal of listings that were sold on Godaddy expired/closeout? I have to constantly email Afternic service to have my new acquisitions removed, and the worst part is thay stopped responding lately. It would be a 5 minute job to implement such system - and it is illegal to keep listing the domains that were sold on Godaddy auctions/expired/closeous, since Afternic has the necessary knowledge that the owner has changed and that they are no longer authorised to list the domain for sale, so Afternic is acting in bad faith.
It is just a simple backend job, does not even require an interface change. I have requested it repeatedly at [email protected], but there is no reaction for months. And the worst thing is the email removal procedure is also failing lately. It so embarassing for Afternic to act like that.

I would also like to see this. Many of us use both GoDaddy and Afternic and it seems they don't communicate well with each other in regards to domains that are listed for sale on both platforms. A name might sell on GoDaddy but still show as available to purchase on Afternic. I've even discovered names that I personally own that are up for sale listed by other sellers, in one instance I wasn't even able to list my own domain name because another seller had claimed the listing. Better integration between Afternic + GoDaddy would be a huge improvement.

•••
I have accounts at both, and in my experience, Afternic is miles ahead of Godaddy for simplicity if you just wish to list a few names.

•••

I have the same issue. I end up messaging Afternic a couple times a week to have domains i've recently acquired removed from their prior owners account, so that I can then add them to my account.

An automated dns verification, like the one dan.com offers, would save a lot of time and frustration for both the Afternic staff and their customers.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back