IT.COM

advice My 19 year old domain Expiring at Networksolutions

NameSilo
Watch
Impact
I have a domain online-forms .com Expiring soon on network solutions . I cannot even transfer out .

Need Advice . Do you think paying $37 for renewal would be worth .

or how much long does the domain will be available after expiry .

any expert advice ??

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
If it has not expired, you should be able to transfer it out. Is it under IRTP lock?

•••
OK so NetSol is a PITF (pain in the fanny) so just be aware of that first, it will take patience

If you changed the info July 10th, it *could* be under IRTP lock until Sept 10th. OR you just haven't unlocked it

If you have the capacity to unlock it, and can get the Auth Code, you can transfer away. The challenge is then getting the Auth Code, the foolproof way is call NetSol and tell them you have to transfer because you sold it and your buyer wants it transferred.

The other possibility is if you call them and tell them you are going to transfer, they *might* offer you a better price to stay.

Are you specifically asking @Mohammed Azheruddin if the domain is worth renewing at all? If that is the case then, even though this is a hyphenated domain, I like it. Then again I tend to overvalue aged domains
onlineforms.com 3,600 USD 2011-02-01 Sedo

And if it apprasals you are after, maybe ask to be moved to Appraisal section

•••
•••

My guess is @anantj is correct ITRP

•••

My guess is @anantj is correct ITRP

Not really. This EPP status is also set when a domain is transfer locked at the registrar level. For example, one of my domains, undercolor.com has the same EPP status (one of out many) but it is not IRTP

•••
Thank you all . I recently won a portfolio of 5 domains at Flippa . I have created Network solutions id and transferred to my new account On 10th July 2017 . I though before renewal to clarify some doubt .

1. In godaddy after the domain Expiry date you have 45 days grace period . so u can transfer out after expiry also . I want to know does networksolution also has the same policy .
2. If not, only option for renewal then the value of domain . (i got this answer by @usernamex thank you )
3. any one can guide me for discount code also .

Thanks

Last edited:
•••
OK so the domains were at NetSol and you opened an account there to receive a push from the seller. So when you did that, the Owner info changed and they started the Owner Change 60 day lock. So that is why they are locked. There is supposed to be a way to opt-out but it would not surprise me if NetSol made it near impossible to opt-out. Fully understand that the timing of your auction just happened to not give you a 60 day window for transfer, and it does complicate the sale if you had asked the seller for Auth Codes to transfer at the time of sale, rather than push.

1] GoDaddy has a clear good standing and well known record of allowing the full 43-44 days for transfer after expiry.

NetworkSolutions - : EEK : not so much - If this was my domain, I wouldn't risk it - they have a really fishy Grace Period policy

http://www.networksolutions.com/support/domain-deletion-policy/
If a customer does not renew the domain name registration by the expiration date, the domain name registration is subject to deletion at any time after that. In an effort to help our customers avoid unintentional deletion of their domain name registration(s), we may, but are not obligated to, provide our customers with a “grace period” after their domain name registration services expiration date(s) (a “grace period” begins on the day after the date of expiration). We currently endeavor to provide a grace period that extends 35 days past the expiration date, to allow the renewal of domain name registration services. During this period a customer can renew a domain name registration; however, a grace period is not guaranteed and can change or be eliminated at any time without notice. Consequently, every customer who desires to renew his or her domain name registration services should do so in advance of the expiration date to avoid any unintended domain name deletion.

2] For best results, please post a new thread in Appraisals - the more opinions the better : smile :

3] Typically, if you have to renew and contact NetSol and say you want to transfer, they will offer you a discount to entice you to stay. However since this is locked because of Owner Change, that takes away a bit of your leverage. It is completely worth asking them anyway for a discount, they might just be nice about it.

We rarely see any coupons for NetSol since we typically avoid them if possible!
Search and test - this one claims to give you $9.99 renewals, not sure if you can use it for multiple domains - GPREN999
This one says new orders which usually means no good for renewals - 25% off $75 - IRSAVE25AF

Geez, shoulda just looked for coupons first! Lemme know if the coupons work @Mohammed Azheruddin - if that coupon works you can ignore the rest LOL

•••
Thank you all . I recently won a portfolio of 5 domains at Flippa . I have created Network solutions id and transferred to my new account On 10th July 2017 . I though before renewal to clarify some doubt .

1. In godaddy after the domain Expiry date you have 45 days grace period . so u can transfer out after expiry also . I want to know does networksolution also has the same policy .
2. If not, only option for renewal then the value of domain . (i got this answer by @usernamex thank you )
3. any one can guide me for discount code also .

Thanks
Godaddy puts domains into redemption after day 41 past expiration.

I don't think there is any way to bypass the 60 day lock when there has been a change in ownership of a domain.

•••
@usernamex thank you for your support I will call networksolutions and ask for discount . @korganian 30 days have been passed more 30 days are remaining for unlock .

•••
I don't think there is any way to bypass the 60 day lock when there has been a change in ownership of a domain.

So far I cannot figure out if it can be manually unlocked - it appears that registrars MAY be able to unlock and they can set their own rules so it would be registrar by registrar for the ones that don't have blanket authorized agent. Getting the lock lifted might be an uphill battle with NetSol anyway.

https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/transfer-policy-2016-06-01-en

Section II.C.2. The Registrar must impose a 60-day inter-registrar transfer lock [*4] following a Change of Registrant, provided, however, that the Registrar may allow the Registered Name Holder to opt out of the 60-day inter-registrar transfer lock prior to any Change of Registrant request.

[*4] The Registrar may, but is not required to, impose restrictions on the removal of the lock described in Section II.C.2. For example, the Registrar will only remove the lock after five business days have passed, the lock removal must be authorized via the Prior Registrant's affirmative response to email, etc.

•••
So far I cannot figure out if it can be manually unlocked - it appears that registrars MAY be able to unlock and they can set their own rules so it would be registrar by registrar for the ones that don't have blanket authorized agent. Getting the lock lifted might be an uphill battle with NetSol anyway.

https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/transfer-policy-2016-06-01-en

Section II.C.2. The Registrar must impose a 60-day inter-registrar transfer lock [*4] following a Change of Registrant, provided, however, that the Registrar may allow the Registered Name Holder to opt out of the 60-day inter-registrar transfer lock prior to any Change of Registrant request.

[*4] The Registrar may, but is not required to, impose restrictions on the removal of the lock described in Section II.C.2. For example, the Registrar will only remove the lock after five business days have passed, the lock removal must be authorized via the Prior Registrant's affirmative response to email, etc.

Wow that's really informative . And I do remember watching one of the video of godaddy authority saying the lock can be undone upon request . @usernamex you are 100% correct .thank you .

Last edited:
•••
Learning it as well! No seriously, until I just went and re-read it today, I really thought it was set in stone, no way to remove. I don't think I read the footnote carefully enough before.

GoDaddy always had their own lock that you could request to be removed and it took sometimes repeated emails to get it done. Had the idea to change some of mine on purpose and get locked on purpose, just to see what support could/would do to unlock. Would use domains I am going to drop anyway to test, just haven't gotten around to it.

•••
•••
Just wait a few days.. Networksolutions always send discounts out if you don't renew too early(usually 3 to 5 days before expiration). I often seen $9.99 renewal emails. But don't wait past the last day as they will send you a renewal discount of $3.95..the catch is you have to pay reinstatement of $35.99.

If your expiration is within 5 days, it too late to transfer. They take 3 days to send you an Auth code and then you have to wait 5 days before it's transferred.

•••
Here's a trick you can try that should work for your expiring name. Unlock the domain and then request the EPP code. Once you click through all the baloney, they should offer you a deal at about $11 in order to keep your business.

They offered me the same just a few weeks ago.

•••
If your expiration is within 5 days, it too late to transfer. They take 3 days to send you an Auth code and then you have to wait 5 days before it's transferred.

That is actually immaterial. The day of the transfer initiation matters. So if you've initiated a transfer 2 days prior to expiry, they cannot deny it or block it in anyway

•••
Thanks all Finally renewed . Got discount of $13 after calling NS . still expensive . and thanks to network solutions very friendly

Last edited:
•••
Thanks all Finally renewed . Got discount of $13 after calling NS . still expensive . and thanks to network solutions very friendly

Well, transfer them out as soon as you can. And chalk it up to an experience expense. And remember this issue in the future :)
Glad it's sorted out now

•••
@anantj Thank you . I personally like uniregistry and godaddy . they are best .

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back