Dynadot

.MX Discussion and Showcase Thread

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

phase111

Account Suspended
Impact
.MX Discussion and Showcase

Wow, great news about the re release of .mx domains. I think this has huge potential considering the population in mexico is 100 mil. Those who already have a .com.mx or .org.mx domain can pre register teh same domain in .mx extension. Luckily I registered a few months back these domains, please tell me the best in order please:
gun.com.mx
see.com.mx
ear.com.mx
war.com.mx
won.com.mx
cuentas.com.mx (accounts in spanish)
cesta.com.mx (basket in spanish)
cestas.com.mx (baskets)

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
little by little some big companies are starting to use (and promote) the .mx ccTLD.

Some examples of ads running on the tv and in the streets include
buick.mx
honda.mx
chevrolet.mx
ford.mx
gti.mx

just to name a few mayor car brands

Nice to hear that. I spend quite a lot of my mx domain name (bought at the starting of landrush). Certainly not letting go at anytime soon, but nice to hear that there is some development.

•••
•••
Looks like the .MX can't take off.

•••
•••
There has been a small number of sales (and no notable ones).

•••
Looks like the .MX can't take off.

A lot of sales are private. I have not had one single sale threw public sectors but numerous via private direct contacts. ico.mx was an x,xxx sale. Nube.mx was an x,xxx and that I had this week. I had another LLL.mx sell this last week at x,xxx. I have had an NNN.mx sale also and I own NNN.mx. I have sold TVs.mx and Homes.mx and about a dozen other .mx in the xxx - high x,xxx range.

The sales are happening. A lot of them happen behind the scene and unreported. I've also received mid x,xxx offers for Francia.mx and Information.mx as well as Information.mx (low x,xxx)I am not trying to showcase my domains here but want to encourage .MX investors that sales are happening. All the sales and offers I've received by the way have been unsolicited. Stand fast in your investments and price them accordingly. Oh and I also sold Get.mx 3 weeks ago for a superb return :) !

•••
Great to see some decent .mx sales. I plan on holding most of mine for a few years still.

•••
@TotalDomains
Where do you have your domains listed at? I have not tried to sell any of mine yet, but I would like to know where I should look into listing my domains when its time for me to sell them.
You seem to be doing a decent job with yours if you are dropping them in the x,xxx range.
Do you have any pointers?

Cheers

•••
What's the cheapest .MX registrar currently?

•••
Universe.MX

for miss universe.

•••
•••
I recently got mexican.mx

Really surprised this was avail.

•••
•••
Very surprised also. Nice grab!
Many thanks. Wasn't really looking for it and stumbled upon it purely by accident. Not sure what i'm going to do with it. Any idea of value if i decide to sell it?

•••
great name, i am surprised also it was available, congrats

•••
Where do you guys reg .MX domains? Everywhere I find registration fees no less than $50.

•••
Many thanks. Wasn't really looking for it and stumbled upon it purely by accident. Not sure what i'm going to do with it. Any idea of value if i decide to sell it?

Thats a tough one to put a value on. The .mx market is very young and still developing. Looking at holding for awhile longer.

•••
•••
If you want to pickup some decent .mx for cheap - check my .mx sale thread

I had a mid xxxx sale and a few other lower ones. Though the renewal price is high, I am optimistic about the .mx future.

Also, anybody know anything about the drop cycle of .mx domains?

•••
Its been almost a year since the landrush. With the amount of high price sales we saw throughout the last year ,I think we are going to see quite a few names dropped. Especially with the really high renewal rates.

•••
Just regged Jazz_[dot]_mx

•••
If you want to pickup some decent .mx for cheap - check my .mx sale thread

I had a mid xxxx sale and a few other lower ones. Though the renewal price is high, I am optimistic about the .mx future.

Also, anybody know anything about the drop cycle of .mx domains?

I would be curious to know what your mid .MX domain sell was- either publicly or privately.

-James

•••
Not sure what the drop cycle is yet, but with the high renewal prices and low sales volume coupled with anniversary of landrush, we are about to find out.

•••
Godaddy Promo code just saved Huge on (multiple) renewals of .MX
Renewal cost C$256.56
Savings -C$76.97
Total paid = C$179.59

used promo code:

gda936n

Saved 30%

hope it helps

•••
Godaddy Promo code just saved Huge on (multiple) renewals of .MX
Renewal cost C$256.56
Savings -C$76.97
Total paid = C$179.59

used promo code:

gda936n

Saved 30%

hope it helps

i entered that code and got:

The promo code you entered is invalid, expired, or ineligible for the items you are purchasing.

how did you get this code, or how did you get it to work? any help is appreciated as this would make a huge difference. thanks

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back