Dynadot

.MX Discussion and Showcase Thread

NameSilo
Watch

phase111

Account Suspended
Impact
.MX Discussion and Showcase

Wow, great news about the re release of .mx domains. I think this has huge potential considering the population in mexico is 100 mil. Those who already have a .com.mx or .org.mx domain can pre register teh same domain in .mx extension. Luckily I registered a few months back these domains, please tell me the best in order please:
gun.com.mx
see.com.mx
ear.com.mx
war.com.mx
won.com.mx
cuentas.com.mx (accounts in spanish)
cesta.com.mx (basket in spanish)
cestas.com.mx (baskets)

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
My first MX reg's...

VIOLETA.mx

Spanish term for Violet

and....

JUAN.mx

also picked up Juan.tel for the heck of it! :)

Let me know what you think! :)
Great names, congrats!

•••
Looking for offers on the following names...

English...
Cruises.mx
Stocks.mx
Quotes.mx
Debt.mx
Currency.mx
Install.mx
Celebs.mx
Alerts.mx
Military.mx
Reports.mx
Green.mx

Spanish...

Poema.mx = Poem
Usado.mx = Used
Publicar.mx = Publish
Tono.mx = Ringtone
Parque.mx = Park
Explorar.mx = Explore
Pregunta.mx = Ask (question)
Actualizar.mx = Update
Bandas.mx = Bands

Please PM any offers..
Thanks for Looking..

Last edited:
•••
There is now a website that tracks exclusively .mx domain sales. if you want to follow the market just look to this site

.mx domain name sales

there are some recent sales from the snapname showcase auction - 3 .mx domains that sold for close to $5k which are not added yet, until the sales are confirmed. but you can see how the market is trending up

•••
There is now a website that tracks exclusively .mx domain sales. if you want to follow the market just look to this site

.mx domain name sales

there are some recent sales from the snapname showcase auction - 3 .mx domains that sold for close to $5k which are not added yet, until the sales are confirmed. but you can see how the market is trending up

Nice site.
I think theirs a few sales missing from snapnames.
Lets see how 2010 plays out for .MX
MX is poised to see rapid growth IMO..
Emerging market and very brandable compared to .COM.MX

Regards..

:bingo:

•••
edit

Last edited:
•••
Nice site.
I think theirs a few sales missing from snapnames.
Lets see how 2010 plays out for .MX
MX is poised to see rapid growth IMO..
Emerging market and very brandable compared to .COM.MX

Regards..

:bingo:

I reckon .mx could do very well indeed. Here are mine so far - would LOVE a spanish speaker's assessment of them.

alimentacion.mx
anfitrion.mx
arrienda.mx
balonmano.mx
comercioelectronico.mx
companiasaereas.mx
contratodearrendamiento.mx
corredor.mx
corredordebolsa.mx
escaneres.mx
esqui.mx
expresar.mx
fresco.mx
futboldeplaya.mx
galgos.mx
iniciar.mx
insolvencia.mx
marcosdigitales.mx
obtener.mx
parafarmacia.mx
planchas.mx
plasma.mx
productosparabebes.mx
quiebra.mx
smartphones.mx
televisoreslcd.mx
tenismesa.mx
videocamarasdigitales.mx
compara.mx
billetesdeavion.mx

•••
Cheapest .mx Registrar

Who is the cheapest these days? Anyone know?

•••
Who is the cheapest these days? Anyone know?

neubox.net is the cheapest I have found
Spanish only interface though...
Thank goodness for translation scripts

•••
neubox.net is the cheapest I have found
Spanish only interface though...
Thank goodness for translation scripts

Thanks - that is cheap.

•••
I've been using Godaddy but their margin on .mx must be very thin because none of the coupon codes seem to work to get a discount- not even downforce which works for most everything else! If anyone knows a code which will discount the reg fee, please share.

I agree that .mx will do well- already some nice sales on Snap and Bido- would like to see Sedo do more to promote it.

•••
A Few Questions about .MX

Hi,

I found an available .mx and that term gets 1,000,000 exacts a month and is taken in almost every extension. The CPC is about $18

Question #1: Who can register a .mx?

Question #2: Would it be worth registering the .mx?

Question #3: It's also available in the .org.in - Would it be worth taking that?

Kind Regards,
James

•••
I will try to answer you...

#1. Everybody is available to register .mx domain names.

#2. First check if .com.mx is regged. If not, go for .com.mx, it is more extended at this moment. If regged, i would go for .mx name. Also keep in mind that the main language in Mexico is the spanish, if your word is in english maybe it doesnt worth.

#3. I wouldnt register .org.in.

Regards

•••
Stay away from .org.in ; .in and .co.in are fine and widely used but not .org.in

As for Mexico: no local presence required :) Not sure if the .com.mx is more popular than the .mx , often it's the other way around in many countries but it depends a lot on the tradition of the country and which of both has been used for the longest time. Habits and routine are everything so just try to find out if people are more used and to using .com.mx or .mx

If it's cheap enough, you can always reg both ...

•••
Thanks guys for the info.

•••
you can also buy from third party, like me! I've sold/transfered domains registered at GoDaddy.

•••
Which registrar is the cheaper cost to registration & renew .MX?
Any cheaper than godaddy $49.99?

•••
•••
.com.mx and .mx are most valuable if you're targeting the Mexico portal of SE's (e.g., google.com.mx). I find it pretty easy to rank within a country's portal if I'm using their ccTLD. With that said, 1,000,000 exacts I am assuming is using default settings in the keyword tool. What I do when I'm buying ccTLD's is modify this in the search tool:

Results are tailored to English, United States (Edit)

to whatever language the keyword is and whatever the country the ccTLD matches. This is a much better way of determining value. If something gets 1,000,000 exact searches in the US, but a few hundred in Mexico, the .com.mx wouldn't be worth that much. Even if you were to change your targeting in Google Webmaster Tools to the US (by default, it targets the country of the ccTLD), you would probably have just as hard of a time ranking as if you had the keyword in a .com domain with an extra word or two.

Also, to add - for memorability and type-in, .com.mx won't be easy for anyone outside of Mexico to remember.

Just my opnion.

Last edited:
•••
Hi, does anyone know if there is a way to contact .mx owners by email? Because it seems the registry only publishes the owner's name, city and country.

My Spanish is bad, so I don't know if NIC México: Registro de dominios .MX y Direcciones IP has a special contact form for contacting domain owners.

Thanks!

•••
GREEN.mx | DEBT.mx | QUOTES.mx

For those interested:

DWI.mx
Currency.mx
Quotes.mx
Green.mx
Debt.mx

on auction today at bido...

Thanks

•••
•••
I'm looking for offers for VideosDeMusica.mx - 368,000 exact local (for Mexico) and 550,000 exact global searches with $0.90 CPC. If anyone's interested, please send me a PM. Thank you!

•••
How much a MX worth

I have 3 .mx single dictionary word domains. How much are they worth? Has there been any sale of mx domains?

•••
I have not seen many MX sales at all. I just happened to look at the current dnj list and saw: Groupon.com.mx $10,000 sell via Sedo. Not sure if thats a reason to get excited or just one of those "freak sales" you sometimes see.

Now, I have never even heard of a 'groupon' so I googled and to my surprise over 100 million results and now I know what it is lol.

•••
little by little some big companies are starting to use (and promote) the .mx ccTLD.

Some examples of ads running on the tv and in the streets include
buick.mx
honda.mx
chevrolet.mx
ford.mx
gti.mx

just to name a few mayor car brands

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back