IT.COM

warning Multiple venues creates problems when listing domains.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

mad409

Always thinking outside the box!Top Member
Impact
I guess there's not much I can do but complain, get a refund and call out this person so no others get caught up in his nonsense. I bought a domain at GoDaddy, BIN on 9/2/17. I noticed it was also listed at Uniregistry but Whois said GoDaddy therefore I purchased it there.

Waited several days until Godaddy told me to email the seller for transfer. It got a bit confusing after that.

My email:

Hi,

I purchased this domain from GoDaddy where you had it listed for $XXX.00. It's been paid for so can you push it to my GoDaddy account? It was purchased several days ago, GoDaddy has advised for me to email you.

Seller:

Hi,

I have already let it free for transfer and I'm waiting for further instructions from Uniregistry.
I passed the code to them and they said that they would conclude the transfer by september 10.
Is that all right?

Me:

That will be fine or you can always push it in to my Uni account too.

(I'm confused with the above statement because it was at Godaddy but UNI name servers.)

Seller:

Hi, I asket Uniregistry about the tranfer and they said it wil complete in
two days.

Seller Today:

Hi, are you the same one who bought (domain here) through UNIREGISTRY?

Me Today:

I bought and paid for the domain through GoDaddy only and not Uniregistry. It was purchased 8 days ago or more.

Seller Today:

Sorry, but I'all have to call off the sale, because at the same day, someone in Uniregistry had purchased the same

domain too.

Godaddy should have warned you.

At the same day I sent Uniregistry the auth code.

I'm going to call of the sale at Uniregistry too.

Me Today:

No one purchased the domain at UNI as it has showed in their system for-sale until today. If they did then they purchased it after me. I paid for the domain at GoDaddy on the 2nd. and if you don't transfer to my GoDaddy account I will report you to GoDaddy as not abiding by their terms and conditions. This is not good business and you need to stick to your agreement.

Seller goes silent, my final email:

I have filed a complaint with GoDaddy per this domain and auction. Before I get very vocal with you not wanting to stand behind our deal are you sure you don't want to transfer it to my GoDaddy account? The domain is still at GoDaddy, if not you're not honoring your deal which will not help your reputation as a respectable domainer.

You should have taken the sale off of Uniregistry when you were told it sold at GoDaddy on the 2nd..

So now I wait to see what GoDaddy says but I figure there isn't much they can do but ban this person from auctions if he doesn't do the right thing.

What a messed up system but I'm sure I'm not the first this has happened to.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Geez, I hope that you get that cleared away. Has yet to happen to me but I can imagine the frustration.

•••
Geez, I hope that you get that cleared away. Has yet to happen to me but I can imagine the frustration.

Unfortunately Godaddy can talk to the domain owner but that's the extent of things other than taking action against his account if he doesn't honor the sale.

I don't plan on any good outcome since he doesn't reply to my emails now.

•••
Surely GoDaddy has some duty of care here, and they should be the one's following up to ensure that the seller complies with the TOS he agreed to?

At a minimum, I would ask GoDaddy rep about what action is taken against his account. They wont want to say, but you should insist that his account be removed if the transfer doesn't happen. It seems to me that the seller is now having some remorse, and this is the reason for not transferring. Very poor form indeed.

•••
Surely GoDaddy has some duty of care here, and they should be the one's following up to ensure that the seller complies with the TOS he agreed to?

At a minimum, I would ask GoDaddy rep about what action is taken against his account. They wont want to say, but you should insist that his account be removed if the transfer doesn't happen. It seems to me that the seller is now having some remorse, and this is the reason for not transferring. Very poor form indeed.

They will try and make contact from what support told me but my rep said this:

The only recourse GoDaddy has is to suspend and ban his account forever. GoDaddy will refund the money so no party is injured.

•••
GoDaddy will refund the money so no party is injured.
That's a laugh. Who is compensating you for the time your money is held up, for any loses due to FX (this may not affect you, but did me), your lost time etc.

This happened to me buying a 4L.com, and I insisted they ban the seller's account. No idea if it happened since they said it's confidential, but I made my feelings very clear to my rep.

•••
That's a laugh. Who is compensating you for the time your money is held up, for any loses due to FX (this may not affect you, but did me), your lost time etc.

This happened to me buying a 4L.com, and I insisted they ban the seller's account. No idea if it happened since they said it's confidential, but I made my feelings very clear to my rep.

Well the T & C's don't do much for the buyer although it appears Godaddy can charge the seller a fee and I guess that makes things better for them. Ha!

GoDaddy reserves the right to (i) charge you a fee or (ii) terminate your membership with GoDaddy Auctions (as determined by GoDaddy in it sole and absolute discretion).

•••
Unfortunately Godaddy can talk to the domain owner but that's the extent of things other than taking action against his account if he doesn't honor the sale.

I don't plan on any good outcome since he doesn't reply to my emails now.

Lots to iron out in this industry, as a whole, if we want the respect that others have. Imagine this happening in the physical real-estate world? I've never experienced more people just walking away from a legal agreement without care than in this industry.

•••
To be fair if the domain is held at dodaddy and it sells through godaddy then godaddy should have done an auto push into your account, i cannot understand why they dont do this

•••

same happend to me

I think they will not do anything at all

•••
SO if I wanted to get someone banned from a marketplace then I will be buying their domain twice from two different marketplaces on the same day!:troll:

•••

I don't know about godaddy, but at afternic they are extremely reluctant to close anyone's accounts. One big seller has backed out of sales multiple times with me at Afternic. One time he even gave me the authorization code, but cancelled after the transfer had been underway for 4 days! Afternic refuse to take action against him, and he continues to sell names with them. They also don't ban non-paying buyers, so users can go around and make offers (some of which get accepted), and not pay up for any of the names, and get away with it. I have asked them to ban sellers who don't deliver and buyers who don't pay a number of times, and to my knowledge, they only suspendeded the account of one non-paying buyer. All the rest still have their accounts intact. Reneging on sales is obviously going to be more widespread when there are no repercussions for users doing so

•••
I don't know about godaddy, but at afternic they are extremely reluctant to close anyone's accounts. One big seller has backed out of sales multiple times with me at Afternic. One time he even gave me the authorization code, but cancelled after the transfer had been underway for 4 days! Afternic refuse to take action against him, and he continues to sell names with them. They also don't ban non-paying buyers, so users can go around and make offers (some of which get accepted), and not pay up for any of the names, and get away with it. I have asked them to ban sellers who don't deliver and buyers who don't pay a number of times, and to my knowledge, they only suspendeded the account of one non-paying buyer. All the rest still have their accounts intact. Reneging on sales is obviously going to be more widespread when there are no repercussions for users doing so

I shudder to think the amount of money I would have if I sold closed all of those sales where the buyer backed out!

I think this may be an opportunity instead of a difficulty though. Hopefully someone with enough software development experience creates a competing domain sales marketplace that actually does it correctly.

•••
Well after some back and forth the seller transferred the domain and it's in my account. He agreed that it wasn't a good idea offering his domains, BIN on multiple venues. It worked out this time but could have easily went the other way.

•••
Well after some back and forth the seller transferred the domain and it's in my account. He agreed that it wasn't a good idea offering his domains, BIN on multiple venues. It worked out this time but could have easily went the other way.

Nice! Congrats!!!

•••
And the very same problem will occur right here on namepros as i see others listed their domains on multiple subforum, sometimes on different thread within the same subforum...

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back