Domain Empire

discuss Multinationals and Brandables

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Maximinus

Established Member
Impact
Hello, domainers!

I am new to this industry, so excuse me please if you find my questions ridiculous at some point. :)

I've been wondering is there someone who is or was working in the brand developement for any multinational corporations?

Some of them manage over 2000 brands.

Is it possible to share such an insiders info, without revealing any names of course?
I would really like to know how theese great endusers function?
I know some of them just buy an already winning brands, but some of them invest heavily in developement.

Are some of them investing in Brandables? Do they dispose of large reserves of Brandables or they are looking for domain availability once the name chosen?

I know most of them never get involved directly in domain negotiations. They are mostly using brokers.
Who are the best brokers?(If not confidential)
What is the best way to get in touch?

Thanks a lot for sharing any experience? Even the tinyest detail can be helpfull for understanding the whole picture!

Greetings,

Maximinus

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I'm no insider, but big companies almost always work with well-known branding and advertising firms. So, as end users, they usually get ideas (and advice on what domains to buy or not) only from their partner creative agencies.

The key for a creative domainer, it seems, would be to establish a connection with a branding agency. I'm not sure how that can be done though.

But if a domainer is really good at naming brands and businesses I think it's only a matter of time before he or she gets noticed.

•••
I'm no insider, but big companies almost always work with well-known branding and advertising firms. So, as end users, they usually get ideas (and advice on what domains to buy or not) only from their partner creative agencies.

The key for a creative domainer, it seems, would be to establish a connection with a branding agency. I'm not sure how that can be done though.

But if a domainer is really good at naming brands and businesses I think it's only a matter of time before he or she gets noticed.
Thank you for the reply, Rhinnnn!

I know they hire outside experts for different studies in order to get more realistic results.

Not so sure about sensitive matters as the new brands developement.

Greetings

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back