Dynadot

Multi word Arabic IDN

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
i want to register an arabic idn that is multi word the second word beginning with alif lam whats the best way to do this?

it looks clean with a hyphen but without the hypen it attaches the alif the last letter of the first word. quite possibly could mean something bad my arabic isnt that great these days
the english tranlit version of this name already has a hyphen

is it the case that hyphens are usually a bad idea but for IDNS its better?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
hypens are that good to use in IDNs IMO especially in arabic, chinese, japanese etc..

•••
sunilvarma said:
hypens are that good to use in IDNs IMO especially in arabic, chinese, japanese etc..
you don't need hyphens in chinese and japanese

•••
why? i mean you have two seperate words - then you may use a hypen. ain't it?

•••
i think these languages are different then arabic as they use one character for a whole word and dont connect to each other in print and typing is that right? in arabic the letters display different if part of one word or part of two for example:
لا or ل ا these are both the same letters only one the first connected taken to be part of the same word

•••
There is no way around it buddy.

Use the hyphen, don't be afraid. ;)

•••
arabic is fine but japanese/chinese there really is no reason to. They don't usually use spacing. I mean you could but the ones that will sell for alot of $ won't have the hyphen.

•••
sunilvarma said:
why? i mean you have two seperate words - then you may use a hypen. ain't it?

Unfortunately applying english grammatical practices to foreign languages doesn't always work out. In the case of Japanese, you can use a hyphen between spaces I guess but you won't be creating natural japanese words and certainly not words that invite type-in in the future. However, it would be interesting for someone to run an experiment to test the SEO value of hyphenated domains in Japanese. If that were proven then....

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back