IT.COM

question Moving to a new registrar - Please advise

NameSilo
Watch

Mtaly

Established Member
Impact
I have been using name.com for a very long time. But I decided to end this relationship today :/ due to their unreliable customer service + their high prices compared to other registrars.

I am thinking about the following alternative and need some experts advise, as I look for:

• Well established registrar.
  • Strong customer service, 24/7 chat is always my preferred way of communication.
  • Security, 2 step verification for login.
  • Affordable prices within the industry with free WHOIS - monthly coupons ...etc.

So, I have been thinking to transfer my domains from name.com (5 domains) to:

• Namesilo: I have a couple of domains with them but I do not like their interface especially the mixed modern and classic .. makes me confused.
  • Google domains: high in prices but Google is well established and secure.
  • Cloudflare: I do not know anything about them, if someone has used their domain registry system please share your experience.
  • Dynadot.
What do you think guys?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  • Well established registrar.
  • Strong customer service, 24/7 chat is always my preferred way of communication.
  • Security, 2 step verification for login.
  • Affordable prices within the industry with free WHOIS - monthly coupons ...etc.

Porkbun has all of these. 2FA. 24h reply support. Cheapest .com renewals. Current promo, 3 .coms half price 1st year. It's really simple and to the point.

Last edited:
•••
Epik is best - They have great payout options as posted by another NP Member .

The thing I really liked about epik.com is that they have many options for payout, much more than anyone else, PayPal, ACH, Wire, Bitcoins as well as TransferWise. Plus 9% commission on sales is much better than those of GoDaddy (20% and limited payout options).

•••
While epik is nice it sometimes pays to use a more reliable register such as namesilo or godaddy, few end-users want a domain at epik

Who the user wants to use is irrelevant to where you keep the names. They can always transfer it. If you try to guess where the user will want it you'll probably end up at a non domainer friendly registrar, and still get end users who dont want the domain there.

So basically that should have 0 effect on what you choose.

•••
I'm very much impressed by Epik and Porkbun!

Epik for service & Porkbun for pricing!

All times!

Hope this information helps.

Kind Regards.

•••
Uniregistry is one of the best but the problem with them is HIGH PRICING.
You are right. Even with a (paid) subscription to their Elite plan, I can still get cheaper prices with Dynadot for a number of TLDs. I used to have a majority of my domain names with Uniregistry and at some point considered having most of them with Uni, I do still like them (hoping their acquisition by GoDaddy won't bring unwelcome changes), but these days I have been moving a number of domain names to Dynadot.

Last edited:
•••
Some good advice would to be is to do it silently and don't burn the bridge once you cross over as you might find the grass was greener on other side.

•••
While epik is nice it sometimes pays to use a more reliable register such as namesilo or godaddy, few end-users want a domain at epik

Rreally disagree,GD & NameSilo? Really.
If you’re going to take shots at epik;
Use better than 16 cent penny stock NameSilo
72209AD7-2046-4FA5-8832-255EB3E23271.jpeg

Godaddy? Well... Best to refrain.

Last edited:
•••
If you’re going to take shots
All these shots never really go unnoticed but I often think twice about doing business when see person chuck a Karen.

Last edited:
•••
All these shots never really go unnoticed but I often think twice about doing business when people chuck a Karen.

🤣

Last edited:
•••
1. Dynadot
2. NameCheap
3. Epik
4. NameSilo.

That is my current standing :)

•••
People try to exclude with wallet but it is a bit like banning major supermarkets now got to go out of way to get some milk.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back