IT.COM

poll Most popular niche/novelty domain genres?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

greggb

Established Member
Impact
I was hoping to get some opinions as to which niche/novelty domain genres you believe are most popular, or perhaps likely to become popular in the near future.

Here are some examples of what I mean by genre:
Drones
3D Printing
5Ns
4Ls
etc.

Thanks!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Gold and silver, when gold and silver goes up.

•••
Gold and silver, when gold and silver goes up.
Do you mean domains related to the sale/trade of gold and silver?

•••
Whatever works, sell/trade, news...any topic you can build a site around.

•••
I fully agree with JayT. I've already acquired a few decent domains. Most of the really good ones are taken. The owners refuse to sell. Silver & Gold is a niche that's not really associated with a 15 minute trend. It's continuous, popular, and sought after around the world, from large metropolitan cities to small villages in Africa, Asia, and elsewhere. I am sure you may have also notice the cash for gold businesses around.

•••
Good info. As far as it not being associated with a 15 minute trend... I'm not sure if that would help it or hurt it as far as domaining goes. I mean, I don't think it's something that would ever get hot someday, unless you're talking about the possibility of some kind of economic collapse. Isn't that what it would take to get gold/silver domains really hot? If not, when and where would you sell one for a premium price?

•••
Most common domain selling websites such as namePros, GoDaddy, Sedo, and Flippa to name a few. If you have a good domain you will have people submitting offers in hopes of acquiring it. There will always be a demand for silver & gold. It's a hedge against unforeseen things happening with governments, currencies, etc.

Best of all, it's a physical asset that remains in your possession. The trade of it is big all across the world. Look up the new Shanghai Gold Exchange and what they're doing to manipulate Gold to acquire it, etc. Also look up how Chinese are moving to African states for mass mining. Most of it is illegal mining but the governments do not have the funding and manpower to enforce it.

It's really interesting. National Geographic did a special on it. In Ghana, there are now over 150,000 Chinese residing there, mainly for the mining. All through the local markets and malls, there are small gold exchange kiosks. It's really interesting.

There's also mining in Canada and Alaska. Check out a show on the Discovery channel called Gold Rush & Jungle Gold.

Last edited:
•••
Good info. As far as it not being associated with a 15 minute trend... I'm not sure if that would help it or hurt it as far as domaining goes. I mean, I don't think it's something that would ever get hot someday, unless you're talking about the possibility of some kind of economic collapse. Isn't that what it would take to get gold/silver domains really hot? If not, when and where would you sell one for a premium price?

Without debate the facts are every fiat (money with no intrinsic value) has failed. Our system is debt based, The interest on that debt can never be paid.

•••
I don't usually talk about the 'possibility of some kind of economic collapse' as you put it. There's a real normalcy bias concerning the dollars we use, so most people reject simple facts. I feel I should explain a bit to you why the debt based system WILL collapse someday, as it will by design!

Post above I told you it was debt based. Simply put, the money is a note, a bill, debt. Once dollars are printed they are loaned with interest owed. That interest compounds exponentially over time. Soon the interest becomes so high that the only way to service it without bankruptcy is to print even more - that's the inflation. It happens all the time, inflation, and it happens exponentially. In reality, that debt will never be paid in full because the actual amount loaned out is only enough to pay the principle, not added interest!

When it does get into hyper-inflation people are going to look to buy things that will at the very least hold value. There are options, but in my opinion gold is the best. It is time tested and easily recognizable, among many other things. Some people will say it's cumbersome, who's gonna buy a loaf of bread with gold, etc. We have computers now. Gold could be stored in a vault and you would use a debit card to transact - bankers and gvt. wet dream anyway.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back