Dynadot

Most expensive IDN domains

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Greetings,

Is there an updated list of the most expensive IDN domains (sales of course), or should we start one?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Oh, thank you.

If anyone knows a compiled list, like those at DNJournal for non-IDN domain, please post.

•••
check IDNtools.com

keep in mind tho that, as any lists, this one is incomplete. A lot of sales are unreported.

•••
That's very interesting. I'm curious, what makes an IDN domain rare? I mean, are single character IDNs anything like single letter (or character, I guess) US domains?

Thanks

•••
•••
That's very interesting. I'm curious, what makes an IDN domain rare? I mean, are single character IDNs anything like single letter (or character, I guess) US domains?

Thanks

There's nothing that makes an IDN rare--other than needing the language set on the keyboard, and that's fine assuming you are going after actual words in different non-ASCII languages.

You're probably thinking of random words that are made to look like English. These are complete crap, and unfortunately, are what keep the IDN market hidden from a majority of domain investors.

The "über" valuables are stuff like Игры.com (games.com in Russian) or العرب.com (arabs.com in Arabic) or something like España.com (Spain.com in Spanish--the CORRECT way to type Spain for the Spaniards) [Translations from Google Translate]. Also, don't forget about .net... which in some areas of the world, isn't spit on the way it is around the domaining forums.

Single characters are a bit harder to get into... considering some of the holders want huge amounts of money. I, personally, think they are awesome to own... but hard to monetize vs. keywords. Top keywords have been taken since 2000-2001 in many languages, so there are some alright names available for reg fee, but you have to be one hell of a "miner".

Well, hopefully put out enough information for you to get the gist of the market. IDNs have traffic--not the crappy ones that are sold like "ünderwear.com" or "ügly.com"... as mentioned, only GENUINE words in their intended scripts.

Büromöbel.de (IDN)
("office furniture" in German) €69,000 = $100,749

Big Sale of Barns.com and 6-Figure IDN Deal Take Top Spots on This Week's Domain Sales Chart

There was recently an IDN.eu landrush. Some lucky people managed to get top-tier keywords for reg fee. Others paid over $10,000 for them at Sedo auctions.

Alright. Goodluck and becareful!

•••
Thanks, Fka200! From the research I've done, that's pretty much what I had concluded as well, but wanted some other opinions. I'm intrigued by IDNs, but not sure I'm willing to (or able to) really get into them quite yet.

Again, I appreciate your insight, it was definitely helpful!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back