IT.COM

strategy Morgan Freeman and "The Shawshank Redemption" --- effect of names on box office

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I noticed this interview demonstrating how memorable names matter. Actor Morgan Freeman says that "The Shawshank Redemption" tanked at the box office due its weak title, which made it harder to generate word of mouth:

Obviously this would apply to domain names too, and might make a nice "case study" to reference.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
yeah, but let's hope the movie "Leap", which is due out soon won't tank.

:)

imo...

•••
"Don’t Be a Menace to South Central While Drinking Your Juice in the Hood"

"Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day"

Some other crazy movie titles

:)

•••
"Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day"

I remember first hearing the title of this (then book) when I was younger. It was so bad I was able to remember it. Reminds me of @KINGOF.TOP 63-character domains lol

•••
I remember first hearing the title of this (then book) when I was younger. It was so bad I was able to remember it. Reminds me of @KINGOF.TOP 63-character domains lol

Hhhah I had no idea it was a book at first...

Just remembered a whacky music album name from back in the day. "Pink cookies in plastic bags being crushed by buildings" by LL Cool J :ROFL:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back