NameLot

More Fraudulent Bidding Activity at DropCatch.com

Located in Drop Catchers and Expired Domain Services, started by Arca, Oct 28, 2017

Replies:
Views:

1. wwwulff

wwwulff Top Contributor VIP

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. Skyvisum

Skyvisum Top Contributor VIP

Want to begin my thanking @Arca for starting this thread and to all the great work put in by others here who have worked hard to make domaining more rewarding so we don't pay too much on dropcatch.I really appreciate all your efforts.I just got an email crediting me back $156 for an auction I won at 181 but after credits refund now means I paid $25 after the bidder GoodX1 bid me up.

Thanks for the refund dropcatch and that is a good way to begin and listen to the people here who I owe a lot for their openness and transparency.

God Bless You All for your hardwork.
    Skyvisum.

3. wwwweb

wwwweb Top Contributor VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Can confirm received high $xxx credit in the form of an account credit.

I respect their ability to do this, but it should have never happend in the first place

I consider this matter now closed from a personal standpoint.

I see above someone was bid up by Goodx1, my refunds came as a result of wittynut

Last edited: Dec 8, 2017
  4. Domain Shane

Domain Shane Top Member DSAD.com Staff PRO VIP ICA Member ★★★★★★★★★★

Kudos to the Reberry brothers.

5. momentum

momentum Established Member ★★★★★★★★★★

What do you expect when companies compete with their customers? Shady operation that cherry picks domains for itself or its partners; shill bidding; no transparency, etc.

They obviously wouldn't have paid anything unless they were publicly outed here.

6. offthehandle

offthehandle . VIP

Excellent to take time necessary to investigate and put in all the effort to review past auctions and actually give refunds. The internal cost and manhours must have been quite high too, nor a simple process. Hope that clears the air now with those of you who don’t believe in the platform.

Thank you @Jeff Reberry @Rebies, but wish I would have read about it here on Namepros before on an unrelated blog! I didn’t receive any email alert about dropcatches blog post, which you might want to send out to all customers in the future. I would like to be on it.

Where does your thinking originate? They don’t compete. You bid $59. And if you are the only bidder you get the name. If you and 12 others want the same name, then it is in auction and they don’t bid against their customers.

They’ve invested megabucks in their platform, and in sharing the resources with the rest of us, we ride their coattails, if you bid minimum and lose it to a “partner”, which happens to me frequently, I take personal responsibility for my decision and don’t blame someone else. You or I want a name bad enough, pay $59. Why should they give it to you at little or no profit? They have to pay for their overhead.

Please give some examples of shill bidding, as I have not seen any data anywhere posted by anyone.

7. Grilled

Grilled Black Lives Matter VIP

NameJet.com was publicly outed, and they didn't pay anything. [besides I think a full refund to @Hemanttilotia in exchange for him relinquishing two domain's he won that I think HKDN had bid on]

ie. two companies were recently given an opportunity to do the right thing, but only one company [DropCatch] had the integrity and fortitude to do right for their customers by auditing their auction history, issuing 'bid up' refunds, and making moves towards more transparency.

He might be talking about HugeDomains.com. ie their participation in GoDaddy auctions, and frequent registering of dropped domains.

8. momentum

So Dropcatch is less of a crook than NameJet? You might be right, but its probably closer than you think.

9. momentum

Offthehandle, of course they compete. Are you saying that they don't register domains for themselves or their partners?

10. anantj

anantj Top Contributor VIP

Not if there is a private backorder for the domain on their platform

11. main

main Top Contributor VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

By the way, DropCatch did not refund money where xdaydreamx (arirangcnt) was the 2nd highest bidder even though they admittedly to banned him. I'm talking about the period where he didn't pay for domains.

12. main

main Top Contributor VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

I can't edit my post above, but DropCatch reached out to me and clarified some dates and checked up on the auctions I had questions about. All is well.

13. Jasonn

Jasonn Top Contributor VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Never paid for.

14. Arca

Arca Top Contributor VIP

Looks like this domain has now been paid for.

tnc.png

Keep in mind that these terms and conditions only apply to regular users, and there are a number of buyers who are allowed to play by a different set of rules. Privileged DropCatch buyers can can delay payment for weeks/months and at the same time continue to win more domains and accumulate outstanding payments.

15. robert widener

robert widener Established Member

thier all dirty:punch:

16. ak4586

ak4586 Aarif VIP

I had a very bad experience on dropcatch !!

17. wwwulff

wwwulff Top Contributor VIP

Can you elaborate otherwise your remark is not worth much

18. wwwweb

I don’t know why “tintin” was allowed back on the system, but he has defaulted in paying once again today in a 4 figure bid for xtremes.com

A year after being a deadbeat, who knows how many other bids he did not win, or intend to pay for they disrupted. I can’t stand bidders who are playing with money they don’t have, or are front running. Innocent bidders are being fleeced, and it’s not fair.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2019
  19. wwwweb

FYI I got a second chance offer on a 4 figure canna name thru Godaddy, 48 hours after placing the parked nameservers on it, guess who a inquiry came in from, none other than Wittynut. My guess he is still active at Godaddy, and probably didn't pay for that auction, causing me to be the second highest bidder. I also have other inquiries from him on names he didn't pay for that were on at dropcatch after the fact.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2019
  20. xynames

xynames XYNames.com PRO VIP

Publicly out the deadbeats!

21. Muhaysen

Muhaysen Established Member

22. Billidn

Billidn Established Member ★★★★★★★★★★

Just my 2c on their registration policy and attempt to properly qualify legit customers. I opened an account at DropCatch.com last week and I thought their vetting policy was as good (maybe even a tad better) than Escrow.com. They required a Credit Card, also a Govt. Issued ID/ ie. Drivers License, and then a close up "selfie" of you holding your Drivers License (so they could compare photo on Drivers License to person holding), and of course email confirmation etc.

I am sure the bidding process can be "gamed" but i give them credit for trying to make sure they have done their best to confirm the identity of new customers. They might consider adding a phone call to new registrants as well so they can confirm phone and additional way to contact bidders, as well as to reconfirm the registration.

Last edited: May 4, 2020

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
biix
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice