NameSilo

Moniker Sells Tshirts.com For $1.265 Million

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Archangel

randypendleton.comTop Member
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Archangel, clearly the buyers saw more value in a set of .coms, than a 'domain suite'.

And, clearly, the buyers, and I, see some value, that your 'missing'... but, like you said, we all have opinions. But when it comes to their money, and my domain, I'm sure you'll agree... your opinion is just worth 'two cents', max, to you.

I would have sold it, snoop, Samit, had I thought the interest in, and the value of, the name would be going down. But, IMO, the value of the name space just went up. And I'm confident the value will increase in the coming years, especially with names for the two best selling apparel items in history -and the rapid rise of online tv.

Without getting deep into touch, gesture and voice controls... where folks will soon say what they want and the medium they want it on, then make gestures to virtually try things on. I'll just say tshirts, jeans and tv are a global culture and those cool tv ads are moving online in a big way.

Besides, had I sold for 10k a few months back I would be kicking myself right now. The fact that you don't see any value in tshirts tv (.com), then or now, well, that's you snoop. Personally, I think thats sad. But that's me.

Then again I am aware of a company called T Shirt TV that has folks walking around with tv screens built into t-shirts promoting movie trailers, working conventions, sporting events etc.. They gotta be making 5k an outing, and I suspect they made the offer.

T-Shirt TV - YouTube - T-Shirt TV - Promo

For me... this big sale is my cue to develop and launch TshirtsTV.com.

So what do you think is going to happen now, someone is going to offer 20k down the road? The offer (10k) is just stunning in my view. You could reinvest and get a really good name with that 10k. Not something that most people will tell you isn't even worth reg fee, something that people will say "wow that is worth 10k". What non biased statistics would ever suggest this name is worth 10k?

Also why would an enduser care about having a set of jeanstv.com and tshirtstv.com? There is a chance they might sell both products but the likelihood of them wanting to set up two separate sites is pretty slim in my view, it is domainer logic to think endusers will really want the two together.

•••
I question the authenticity of the offer. Was it an offer given via a scammer? I've had a few billion of those emails. "Hi, I see you own CrappyDomain-443.cc and was wondering if you'd sell it for $10,000. I am a legit person and my contact info is below" etc etc etc. We've all seen them before. I have the feeling the offer he received was not a legit one. I don't see anyone paying $10k for a domain when they can just reg the .net for $6. I know, ppl will argue that ".com is king" and there is little sense in going down that road...

So what do you think is going to happen now, someone is going to offer 20k down the road? The offer (10k) is just stunning in my view. You could reinvest and get a really good name with that 10k. Not something that most people will tell you isn't even worth reg fee, something that people will say "wow that is worth 10k". What non biased statistics would ever suggest this name is worth 10k?

•••
.......just pay $25 for an appraisal before i purchase the name from you

•••
I question the authenticity of the offer. Was it an offer given via a scammer? I've had a few billion of those emails. "Hi, I see you own CrappyDomain-443.cc and was wondering if you'd sell it for $10,000. I am a legit person and my contact info is below" etc etc etc. We've all seen them before. I have the feeling the offer he received was not a legit one. I don't see anyone paying $10k for a domain when they can just reg the .net for $6. I know, ppl will argue that ".com is king" and there is little sense in going down that road...

I would think the people who set up the t-shirtstv.com site would be the ones making the offer. It is such an unlikely sale to get, I think the offer was real but can't believe the response to it. I mean people here are registering less than stellar domains all the time and the chance of them selling for 10k is less than getting stuck by lightening. Then was lightening does strike for someone the offer gets knocked back.

•••
The question a seller needs to ask is: How many prospects do I have for my domain? This could have been a legit offer but how many other prospects are there for this domain? If the hyphenated buyer was the offerer, then who else would pay more than $10 for it? That's what I'm wondering.

I would think the people who set up the t-shirtstv.com site would be the ones making the offer. It is such an unlikely sale to get, I think the offer was real but can't believe the response to it. I mean people here are registering less than stellar domains all the time and the chance of them selling for 10k is less than getting stuck by lightening. Then was lightening does strike for someone the offer gets knocked back.

•••
The question a seller needs to ask is: How many prospects do I have for my domain? This could have been a legit offer but how many other prospects are there for this domain? If the hyphenated buyer was the offerer, then who else would pay more than $10 for it? That's what I'm wondering.

Agree. I think it is/was a name with one buyer.

•••
Appreciate the honest opinions and frank discussion. It helps bring into focus the raw reality of the dominant market view amongst domainers... which actually helps to remind me of important distinctions that guide my approach to the market.

The critical distinction is I'm building-out a distinctive network of keyword-tv sites... where the whole is greater than the sum of its parts.

Yes, its true, you could break down a TV network, like ABC, -and sell it off one domain at a time. But even if you get $3 million for a rare LLL.com, and decent prices for all the affilliate station call letter domains... it would be a drop in the bucket compared to the billions ABC earns as a network year after year.

Of course, I'm no ABC... but ABC wasn't ABC 50 years ago. They had to build their network one station/domain at a time... Then, and only then, did they earn their biggest returns.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back