Domain Empire

Moniker only lost 17,506 .com domains to transfers in June

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Poldermaffia

Established Member
Impact
Customer losses stemming from botched transition was rather limited in first month.

ICANN has just published the monthly registry reports for June, the month that Moniker switched to an entirely new platform.

The switch caused numerous problems for Moniker and its customers. But it looks like — at least for the first month — the damage in terms of domain outflows was rather limited.

Moniker lost 17,506 .com domain names to transfers out in June.

Given that it has 1,058,555 .com domains under management, that’s less than 2% of its base.

It’s also not much compared to previous months. Each month this year, Moniker has had between 6,000-14,000 transfers out.

I suspect the outflows were much worse in July, at which point it was easier to get bulk EPP codes and the extent of the damage from the platform change was more widely understood.

We’ll have to wait another month to find out.

http://domainnamewire.com/2014/10/09/moniker-transfers/

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
50% of my 4 domains at Monkier left this month. By next year I will have 0 domains with Monkier.

What I'd like to know is how many domains were transferred out of that monkey cage by theft.

Remember when they used to boast of their high standards and say they had never lost a domain? What I also wonder about is customer acquisition - are they picking up new customers so they don't care about the old ones? Where would they get new customers?

Last edited:
•••
Remember when they used to boast of their high standards and say they had never lost a domain?
Yes, they used to say that as if it were some sort of feat - frankly that's the least you expect from a registrar.

•••
no clue why they didnt simply revert back to the old system as soon as they saw issues,

•••
•••
How the mighty have fallen...

Peace,
Cy

•••
The last of my Moniker domains are in transit away.

And if anybody ever wants to sell me a domain at Moniker, it will need to be transferred. No pushes.

•••
I think it was only so low amount transferred out because they had so many problems it was impossible to transfer any domains out. I see this amount going up, not down.

•••
I'm transferring out my latest domains too, it's a pity, 3 years ago I remember I was considering moving my portfolio there.

•••
I transferred out all mine.

They sent an email saying that all stolen domains were recovered. That's a complete lie or they are just ignorant :rolleyes:

•••
I always thought something fishy is going on at Moniker.
I'm not surprised it has come to this.
Fortunately for me that I didn't register a single domain there.

Anyone who suffers from this, you have my condolences :(

•••
Lol, some folks have big portfolios, that could have been just one user... however unlikely, i had a few names there and transferred out amidst all of the insecurities.

•••
Just make sure you carpet bomb your account info with random data before you leave for good.

•••
Just make sure you carpet bomb your account info with random data before you leave for good.

Good advice for sure!!!!

I remember getting emails from RegFly years after I had removed my domains.

Peace,
Cy

•••
Alien51 what you mean by that ? Carpet Bomb :)

•••
Alien51 what you mean by that ? Carpet Bomb :)
Carpet bombing is a destructive war technique in which planes dropping many bombs over a large area of land. @alien51 is saying that you should destroy all of your personal info attached to your account before you leave, presumably by entering fake info.

•••
Carpet bombing is a destructive war technique in which planes dropping many bombs over a large area of land. @alien51 is saying that you should destroy all of your personal info attached to your account before you leave, presumably by entering fake info.

Thank you. I'll do the same when leaving

•••
Carpet bomb my Moniker account before leaving. Who would have thunk of that??? Incredibly good advice... that is... if I could only get into my Moniker account. :( With only four domain names with Moniker, guess I'm such a small fishy that it might be months and months before I'll get a hold of someone to help me log in with new password...... if at all. :(

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back