IT.COM

MoneyBookers scam email, beware!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Just got this email:
Attention: Please update your account
from "www. moneybookers. com" <[email protected]> hide details 8:25 am (8 hours ago)
to my email
date Aug 13, 2007 8:25 AM
subject Attention: Please update your account

Images from this sender are always displayed. Don't display from now on.

Attention!
Dear Member Moneybookers,

We recently noticed one or more attempts to log in to your moneybookers account from a foreign IP address..

If you recently accessed your account while traveling, the unusual log in attempts may have been initiated by you. However, if you did not initiate the log ins, please visit moneybookers as soon as possible to verify your identity:

https://www.moneybookers.com/app/login.pl

Verify your identity is a security measure that will ensure that you are the only person with access to the account.

Thanks for your patience as we work together to protect your account.

Sincerely,
2007 Moneybookers

Moneybookers Security Reminders

Protect Your Password
Moneybookers and its representatives will NEVER ask you to reveal your password. There are NO EXCEPTIONS to this policy. If anyone asks for your password by phone moneybookers.com, refuse and immediately report this to [email protected].

Please do not reply to this email.This mailbox is not monitored and you will not receive a response.For assistance, log in to your moneybookers account and click the Help link located in the top right corner of any moneyboo kers page.

The capitals matter
Let us remind you that the capitalized letters matter for the password, it has to have at least 6 characters and contain at least one number or a special character like '-'.

Registered in England and Wales under Company No 4260907.
Registered office: C3 Cairngorm House, Meridian Gate, 203 Marsh Wall, London E14 9YT.
None of the information contained in this website constitutes, nor should be construed as Financial Advice.
This email seems to be legit, but when you put your mouse over the login link, you can see that it points to different site than moneybookers(I haven't put the link there so no one will click on it by accident), I haven't clicked the link, so not sure what kind of site is, but I can guess that this site imitate the login form at moneybookers in order to get your account details to access your moneybookers account.
It's just like the famous paypal scam emails that are going around, but that's the first time I got the moneybookers one.
Well, any way just wanted to warn everyone to not fall for scams like that, always check what the real link, and better yet go to the real address and log in from there and don't use the links from emails.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Never Click links in emails. If you have to, you should copy and paste. :)

•••
well to me seems moneybookers itself is a scam. I withdraw money from them about 4 weeks ago and it still has not made to my bank account - no answers to emails at all.
Have tried calling them, emailing weekly and none.

•••
i have moneybookers account this email using phissing url, never click or access using this link at email, always bookmark moneybookers access link.

btw some client have problem if withdrawal direct to bank account is depend not only moneybookers policy but include the bank policy too, at my country my bank need 4-5 days the official staff say...and he is right always get my fund after or before 4 days...

i always withdrawal beginning every week at monday so make easy bank to receive transfer...

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back