Watch
Impact
Just won the domain name Money123 . com
At Godaddy Auction

Yup..i overpaid again
Paid $2900 for a $500 name.

Had a bidding war from $1000 to $2900 on a Sunday

Who is on GoDaddy auctions on a Sunday?

Can’t win anything on GoDaddy unless you over pay.

What do you guys think…
Did i over pay?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
My own opinion... I think you overpaid. However, I think it's a solid name and you should still be able to sell it for a profit. ;)

•••
Good for finance and accounting

•••
You'll sell it for a profit as @WarpedMind mentioned, if you hold. I consider it decent, IMO

•••
Good name

These kind of domains are no more $XXX :(

•••
Health123.com sold for $10K at dropcatch in 2020, rich123.com for $5K in 2019 on Sedo. I still think it's too much for the name as an investment, but you didn't overpay that much. But I do agree, the competition is insane for any decent name. The most annoying thing, however, is that when you try to list your own name on GD auctions, you don't get the valuation, the backlinks, or any other info with your listing. You can't start it for $5 either. So when you buy, you have to overpay, and when you try to sell the same name at the same place, you have to undersell.

•••
Health123.com sold for $10K at dropcatch in 2020, rich123.com for $5K in 2019 on Sedo. I still think it's too much for the name as an investment, but you didn't overpay that much. But I do agree, the competition is insane for any decent name. The most annoying thing, however, is that when you try to list your own name on GD auctions, you don't get the valuation, the backlinks, or any other info with your listing. You can't start it for $5 either. So when you buy, you have to overpay, and when you try to sell the same name at the same place, you have to undersell.

I stopped bidding on GD auctions last year.

GD public auctions are always over-priced. It is to the benefit of GD to make auctions public to increase their bottom line. When I learned the hard way using their back order leads to a NOTIFICATION to their marketplace the domain is avail. They will put a URL you back-ordered on a 10-day auction to bring as much attention as possible to the URL, especially Huge domains.

I wouldn't place a backorder or bid on 99% of GD public auctions.

•••
You didn't overpay as soon as you're convinced that YOU can sell it for more than your acquisition price.

You know better than anyone your financial situation, experience and personal sales track record.

You need money to make money and more than ever there's a price to pay for quality.

Last edited:
•••
Overpriced? You got a great deal if you can be patient.

The name is 25 years old!

The name is taken in 24 extensions.

List it on Afternic at 95k, floor price 65k, fast transfer enabled, and wait 7 - 10 years.

Contact the owners of the name in other extensions. Rare if anyone even replies, but worth a try. Make it your goal to email one a day and you will be done in less than a month.

•••
Money is a strong keyword...anything is possible

•••
I stopped bidding on GD auctions last year.

GD public auctions are always over-priced. It is to the benefit of GD to make auctions public to increase their bottom line. When I learned the hard way using their back order leads to a NOTIFICATION to their marketplace the domain is avail. They will put a URL you back-ordered on a 10-day auction to bring as much attention as possible to the URL, especially Huge domains.

I don't think you understand how GD auctions work.

The name you claim was sent to the marketplace was anyway going to end up in the marketplace.

If you like a name of the gd expired list you should watch the name. Try not to bid until the last 5 minutes and if its even a remotely good name, others are already watching it and your bid will wake up the bots that watch those last minute bids, I used to watch for them, I posted the results here a long time ago.

The other option if you like a name is to watch it and not bid and hope to buy it for 50 bucks / closeout as soon as the auction phase is over. This could be risky because others might be planning the same thing.

Regardless of what you do, do not bother entering any auction, domains or cars, without making up your mind beforehand your maximum price. If you don't, you will lose money.

•••

First of all, in "GoDaddy speak", this was an Expiring (Expired) Auction, not a Public Auction, which are names not in expired status and listed by resellers, for the most part.

Competition for these auctions gets greater and greater, but are they unfair or not worth your while? That's still up for debate, I believe.

By the way, Huge Domains owns money321.com.

Last edited:
•••
First of all, in "GoDaddy speak", this was an Expiring (Expired) Auction, not a Public Auction, which are names not in expired status and listed by resellers, for the most part.

Competition for these auctions gets greater and greater, but are they unfair or not worth your while? That's still up for debate, I believe.

By the way, Huge Domains owns money321.com.
they probably were one of the main bidders for money123. Money321 sounds like a site that makes your money vanish in 321 money123 sounds like a site that helps you get money fast or money grow

•••
Huge domains didn’t bid on Money123

so that’s a good thing for me.

i did over pay but I wanted this domain not to resell but to develop in the future and was going to bid upto $11,111

lucky for me it didn’t go that high

What i learned is that…
even if the domain that you are bidding on isn’t worth anything, it only takes one other serious bidder who wants the name as bad as you do to drive the price up sky high

and the people that are watching on the sidelines will think…wow…this or that domain sold for $20k but in reality it’s not even worth $500 if those 2 bidders didn’t goto war

anyways, i love this domain Money123

thanks for all your comments

•••
•••
i did over pay but I wanted this domain not to resell but to develop in the future and was going to bid upto $11,111
So why are you asking again when you knew this already?

•••
I saw his signature just now and figured it might be a form of bdsm whereas he overpays than is into being told he overpaid publicly? Something like that, I'm not an expert but maybe he can tell us more

•••
& apparently he is the end user, so whatever answers were given don't necessarily apply to him. Big difference whether he overpaid as a domain investor or an end-user.

IMO

Last edited:
•••
I saw his signature just now and figured it might be a form of bdsm whereas he overpays than is into being told he overpaid publicly? Something like that, I'm not an expert but maybe he can tell us more
lol…best comment ever

•••
•••
Honestly, I like the name. I tend to overpay for domain names a lot myself, but a good pickup for not a lot of money.

•••
Good names, not overprice when you could sell it more in the future

•••
wtf…

just got a message from godaddy

we’re issuing you a refund

No explanation or nothing

Guess it wasn’t meant to be

waste of time and excitement

maybe they are going to re-auction it since Huge Domains didn’t bid

atleast an explanation would be nice from GoDaddy

•••
It’s a good name for sure, but godaddy auctions has gone mad.

My opinion of the platform is like buying a new car - it loses a huge chunk of its value once you drive it off the lot (the lot being the expired domain stream). The prices are well over wholesale value, so good luck to GD auction buyers with getting the investment back without taking a loss in the short term.

It seems like half of the names go for 100% more than they’re worth, and the other half end early or are refunded because the seller renewed.

It doesn’t seem like a sustainable way to buy names for resale with the current demand.

•••
Just won the domain name Money123 . com
At Godaddy Auction

Yup..i overpaid again
Paid $2900 for a $500 name.

Had a bidding war from $1000 to $2900 on a Sunday

Who is on GoDaddy auctions on a Sunday?

Can’t win anything on GoDaddy unless you over pay.

What do you guys think…
Did i over pay?
You must be bidding against Hugedomains bot, they are everywhere any day any good domain and they enter the last minute and start bidding. Almost all GD auctions I lost are now inventory of Huge Domains

•••
Back