IT.COM

question Monetizing domains

NameSilo
Watch

DNtopia

Established Member
Impact
Hello, I have roughly 30 to 40 domains and i'm not monetizing any of them. Is there any software i can customize that will help me monetize. I do not want a generic looking page and i dont need hosting.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
then you should parked them up

•••
Develop the good ones and park the rest.

•••
Auction, Parking or Develop

•••
What is best parking service.

•••
•••
•••
What is best parking service.
Parking will get you peanuts. You can develop them yourself:

- Membership sites are best, most profitable, but hardest to do (read: you need serious, constantly updated content, lots of hard work)

- Courses/training are another good option, also backbreaking work, but recurring, very profitable thereafter. Check out Teachable and Udemy for more details and advice on how to start.

- Reselling third party services or products is next on my list. Not to be confused with the lesser Affiliate Marketing (see below). The trick is to do your homework, due diligence, choose best partners to resell for. Read: those offering a great product and best terms, commissions. You need to choose between reselling a third party branded product or white label reselling (building your own brand(s)).

- Affiliate marketing is another good option. However, I recommend reselling, where you need to offer customer support, but you get much higher commissions and have a lot more control of the product and business. Note: control freak talking here :xf.wink:

Very important: whatever you go for, remember that developing them is only the beginning! You need to promote them, get people to come! Hence, it's worthwhile to choose your development strategy, business type wisely...

Use CMS of your choice; I recommend Drupal, because of its unique automation tools, but it has a learning curve to match. Wordpress is easier and does content admirably.

If you want total control and have some PHP coding skills, or willing to learn, I recommend CakePHP. It's not the most popular PHP framework out there, but most newbie friendly; has an add-on module to build websites automagically... anathema to PHP pros, but great for beginners! :xf.smile:

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back