IT.COM

discuss Moderators posting in Sales Threads.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Silentptnr

Domains88.comTop Member
Impact
I would like to request that if a moderator posts on a sales thread that changes or additional info needs to be added, that they revisit the thread and remove their comment if there is compliance. It's a pain to restart a thread and mod comments don't look too great.

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hello Silentptnr,

Thank you for bringing this up.
I broke this post off because I think it deserves it's own thread and this is a great opportunity to make the NPStaff position clear.

You are correct, the Mod posts in Sales Threads don't look "too great".
We agree, however, this has been discussed on several occasions and the general consensus is it is the best way to get members to comply with the requirements as defined by the Marketplace Rules.

We do our best to remove our posts as soon as the thread meets the posting requirements, but sometimes, if there is no follow up post in the thread, we don't get an alert that we need to delete our post if it has been resolved.

We do go back and check as we can, but we only have so many hours in a day.

Also, in the case of Auctions, if the requirements are not fulfilled in the Original Post then the chance that the thread will have to be closed is high. Some members will just start bidding before the details are set.
Our post tells the bidding members that this thread is not ready to be started.

Most of our posts in this fashion are in new member threads.
We would hope that our more experienced members understood the posting rules already and would not need to be corrected.

We understand it can get complicated at times, but a sales thread with all the information makes it easier on the buyers, and presents a more professional looking sale.
Not so many, "How Much" "What is your budget." "Where is it registered?" "What are the increments?" etc.

It really is for the good of everyone, buyer and seller to display sales threads properly.

Any thoughts to help with this would be welcome.

Peace,
Cyberian

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back