Domain Empire

strategy Mock Negotiation - Let's negotiate here week #1

Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hi All,

We know how tricky negotiations can be. It is a part and parcel of the domain name business. Even if we get the price for the domain name, that we were expecting, we feel like we left money on the table. And it happens time and again. So why not practise negotiation here:

Step 1: Members share the name which they would be willing to offer for sale
Step 2: I will be the buyer, the member whose domain is chosen becomes the seller
Step 3:
We appoint 1 member who doesn't belong to either party. Let's call him referee
Step 4:
Both buyer and seller share their minimum and maximum prices which they are willing to accept/offer respectively for the domain name
Step 5: We negotiate here on the thread with proper emails/texts. Everyone can view how you and I respond.
Step 6:
Buyer and seller can re-adjust their offer - buyer can increase the maximum that they are willing to offer, and seller can decrease the minimum that they are willing to take
Step 7: Either a deal is made or not
Step 8:
The appointed representive (referee) will share the buyer and seller minimum maximum
Step 9: We draw conclusions from the negotiation and the learnings

This is going to be extremely amazing and I am super excited.
Please share your names so that we can pick one and start the process. The negotiation should last 1 week or less. Let's do this. The shortlist will be done tomorrow if we have ample entries.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
..but that may kill a lot of anonymous deals tbh
If i got a platform to do that for me where they feel committed and are reluctant etc at first that is fine but be surprised how i work it out.

•••
Anybody else wants to REFEREE this?

Thanks, Soofi. This name is finalized - ViraGroup.com.
As soon as Jordan agrees or someone volunteers to be a referee, we each share out minimum and maximum and the rationale behind it, and go from there. Once he/she confirms that they have received out prices and rationale, we begin negotiation here.

•••
•••
The problem here is you guys are replying as domainers not as an end user really talks.

I disagree'd this part. He (@abstractdomainer) is attempting as an enduser and I am having a go as a domainer. Fairly easy to do that when we put ourselves into shoes of endusers when we need a domain for our own project bud.

Nice attempts though

Thanks for appreciating. I liked your this part of comment!

Last edited:
•••
And I think you are better off waiting 4-6 days before attempting to communicate the seller again

this I agree, or in fact it’ll show you as a desperate buyer.

•••
•••
•••
•••
Others, feel free to comment on your learnings or observations from these discussions/mock negotiation.

•••
Isn't that what's negotiation is all about? That's what makes it real, my friend. I had a budget, the seller had an expectation. They didn't match and we didn't have a deal. Simple as that.

I think what we hear as negotiation is only a part of the deal. There are numerous others where the deal didn't go through. And it's alright
I thought the idea of this thread was to show how to close on outbounds? “Simulate” if you may

•••
Too time consuming and cumbersome, please listing it on the auction section quickly, It is not by chance that what is reasonable will exist; It exists because it makes sense

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back