.mobi .mobile or .cell TLD coming soon

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

aww

Established Member
Impact
Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Someone here on NP suggested something like this. Might be interesting, but I don't think people will necessarily put only cellphone accessible sites on a new TLD if it was approved.

•••
I like the idea. It will be interesting to see how its implemented. Will there be a lot of speculation in this new TLD? maybe

•••
Originally posted by -RJ-
I like the idea. It will be interesting to see how its implemented. Will there be a lot of speculation in this new TLD? maybe

Well there would be a lot of questions about what restrictions would be in place -- Would it be strictly limited to mobile content (likely, since that's the point)? Would everyone be allowed to register in the TLD (not clear)? How can strictly mobile content be enforced (not clear)? Etc...

•••
Great! I can't wait to start register the first couple .mobile and .cell names. :tu:

•••
With the development of the new technology in prtable devices quality information is becoming very accessible on cell phones and mobile devices. The real question is if they will continue in the direction of needed custom coded language. If they develop into being able to read HTML like many are now, the new extensions will not be as valuable.

•••
Good point, Ryan. Seems like there could come a point where a .CEL or .MOBILE TLD would become irrelevant, if they are approved now and current mobile technology continues at its fast pace. Or maybe I'm looking too far ahead?

•••
When this finally approve, i will register Nokia.cell or SE.cell right away! :D

Hhhm isn't there's something fishy here. It could be possible that these mobile giants bribed the ICANN. I' m not judging but it's possible.

•••
Jeffrey you'd never get nokia.cell. a) its trademark infringement b) there's going to a ton of competition for the premium domains when these extensions become available, so get ready to do battle.

•••
•••
Originally posted by DomainBlasters
why not .WAP?

cos .WAP is .C**P :lol:

...but seriously, wap was the biggest disaster ever on mobile phones if you ask me

•••
:lol:

I was laughing so hard at that last one that I accidently closed my browser window!

Anyway, I think that if this TLD is approved, it should have a logical non-tech extension. Probably one your parents can figure out would be best. .WAP probably wouldn't work.

•••
•••
Originally posted by .net
.mobi is the one

I couldn't disagree more. That's actually worse than .mob and Moby might mind also. ;)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back