IT.COM

.mobi .mobi pre reg

NameSilo
Watch

El Dude

Account Closed
Impact
I've seen it for $240, is this the right price!?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
HOW MUCH???????????

Could spend that money better elsewhere.

If it is true, is it really going to worth it?

•••
•••
U can get it for 48euros (2years)

•••
EuroDNS has them for an annual fee of 24.00€

•••
david.amherst said:
EuroDNS has them for an annual fee of 24.00€

Yep, that's not bad, at least not nearly as much as some people predicted.

Something interesting - They also offer the "Premium Landrush" (application) for 76.00 EUR total, includes 2 years of registration fees.

This so-called "Premium Landrush" is a small window of time (about a week I think) that comes between the end of the trademark-sunrise and the public free-for-all. It costs a few dollars more, but the odds of getting the name are supposedly much higher, and the .mobi registry uses the 'date' you made the application and paid the fee.

Apparently, www.EuroDNS.com has some type of close relationship with the .mobi registry and is the only one I've found (so far) that offers this opportunity.

It's very interesting to see how many .mobi's have already been applied for. Go there if you get a chance and search a few, just for fun.

•••
I found one that seemed awfully "premium" to me - especially considering the extension. So what's the deal, if you don't get the name, they refund you the $$$?

•••
Phronesis said:
I found one that seemed awfully "premium" to me - especially considering the extension. So what's the deal, if you don't get the name, they refund you the $$$?

I honestly don't know, but I would certainly hope (dare I say, assume) they will.

I haven't seen anything that confirms it... need to do some more reading on the site..

•••
Here you go:

10.6.1. To this end, EuroDNS shall provide the Customer with a debit/credit account within the Customer’s EuroDNS account at the following address: http://www.eurodns.com/info/credit/

In other words: If (i) the Customer wishes to realise a prepayment or if (ii) EuroDNS needs to reimburse the amount of a Customer’s order for any reason, the Customer’s account will automatically be credited with the relevant amount within three working days beginning from the date of receipt of the prepayment or notification of the reimbursement.

Such credit to the Customer’s account shall result in neither charges nor interest for the Customer.

10.6.2. The Customer is entitled to use his account balance for other services such as the purchase of other Domain Names, and EuroDNS shall be entitled to make deductions from the Customer’s account for any outstanding amounts from past orders.

The Customer can also submit a written request to EuroDNS to receive cash conversion of lump sum written in the Customer’s outstanding account balance.

10.7. In selected cases, and upon receipt from the Customer of a written request either by email, fax or postal mail, EuroDNS could reimburse the balance of the Customer’s credit/debit account.

10.7.1. The reimbursement is subject to the following conditions:

- Payment of the reimbursement shall be contingent on prior payment of all outstanding EuroDNS invoices
- The reimbursement shall be paid 120 days following the date upon which all outstanding invoices are paid in full
- The reimbursement shall be effected using the same payment method that generated the credit, i.e. credit card or bank transfer

- The charges resulting from the reimbursement shall be those specified in Annex 3 hereof.

10.7.2. The most recent version of the present Terms of Reimbursement are available on the EuroDNS website (http://www.eurodns.com/info/payment/), and the Customer acknowledges said Terms.

10.7.3. Acceptance of the Terms and Conditions and submission of a request for reimbursement pursuant to the provisions of the Terms and Conditions (hereinafter referred to as the “Reimbursement”) constitute express acceptance by the Customer of the most recent version of the Terms of Reimbursement.

10.8. In view of certain Registry practices, particularly in regard to the “Sunrise Period” that may be set up before the completely open registration of a Registry, EuroDNS may debit the Customer’s registration fees in whole or in part without any absolute certainty as to whether the target Domain Name will ultimately be validated by the Registry. Hence, EuroDNS can not guarantee that any specific Name will be available for the Customer. The aforementioned procedure makes allowances for the vagaries of Registry policies and their impact on Customers.

10.9. In accepting the Terms and Conditions, the Customer acknowledges that he may be subject to the payment of administrative penalties if any action or default on the Customer’s part prompts a Registry or Provider to refuse to validate a Name, or if the Customer impairs the functionality of EuroDNS teams, as specified in Article 8 hereof.

And also read this:

2.3. Only the French version of the Terms and Conditions is binding upon EuroDNS and its Customers. Any translation hereof such as this one that is available on the EuroDNS website is provided for informational purposes only; for the avoidance of doubt, only the French version shall apply and prevail in any and all interpretation including but limited to in a court of law.

That's a bit strange isn't it?

All found at:
http://www.eurodns.com/info/terms/index.php

•••
Sounds like what Godaddy does with backorders. If they don't get it you can pick another name to backorder. How bout my money back please? GRRRRR...

•••
Seems to be a trend with a variety of businesses these days.. good model for them, poor deal for the consumer. I'd rather not risk it myself.

Phronesis said:
Sounds like what Godaddy does with backorders. If they don't get it you can pick another name to backorder. How bout my money back please? GRRRRR...

•••
Agree.

Anybody know of registrars that allow you to try to acquire .mobi domain names without risk i.e. full refund if they don't manage to acquire them?

Cheers :)

•••
I hope the same thing that happens with every domain extension doesn't happen with .mobi either. E.g. seeing sites with .mobi extension which aren't anywhere close to mobile phones. :\

•••
Interesting....

And thanks to Kerrijo for finding the info and posting it.

:gl:

•••
So anyone got some good ones in the hopper?

•••
I must admit Tom... I have placed a so called "Premium Landrush" application. :o :red:

But just one.

Don't want to get too crazy at that price, on a completely unknown commodity.

•••
Me too - just one. Honestly, I'll be astonished if it goes through since it's right there on everyone's cellphone menu. We probably regged the same name...

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back