NameSilo

.mobi .Mobi has lifted our field of domaining with a surge & I see lotsa newbies here

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

satsdifference.com

Love God Love LifeRestricted (85-100%)
Impact
With the slow, gradual release of premium names at startling prices, .mobi will boost its brand consistently for the near future and uplift domaining as a whole. Lets look at .mobi in the macro perspective, now we have a larger pie market to circulate domain currency as well as exponentially give exposure to our mainstream associates of domaining and awareness of extensions other than .com .net and .org.

Have not we all had fun telling someone about dot mobi? What is dot mobi they say? Well I am a domainer..

Now, for the newbies, I am a bit concerned about some of the registrations I see. Welcome to the field, but please read more about domaining from the resources in dnjournal.com and the keyword tool at inventory.overture.com.

My spiel on domaining is that it doesn't lead to tremendous cash right away. But if you develop or are patient, good domain name websites --> contacts (people come to you and your networking grows) ---> wealth -----> cash later. Learn to develop basic static sites, xhtml mp rules, and then RSS feeds if you can find someone to teach you (its easy just get a template).

Now back to drafting, think domain viability. Think what people would do with their PDA's as the cellphone evolves to the all purpose one unit PDA qwerty keyboard.

Do more research and draft a name from your compiled list so that you can compare the ideas side by side; if you think the name could go soon, put it at the top of the list. A name that will be available later might not be worthy of immediate attention than a name that might go soon (Overture) so you can get both when more funds come in.

Also remember "oppotunity cost". A name that you skip on can be used to buy a better name later. Use your personal knowledge of niches and think truth and trends. PDA viability!

Regards,

Goodluck newbies keep eyes here and posting here for faster learning. We all make bad regz when starting, in baseball nobody bats 1000% - but cut your loses with more wisdom. And hope ya catch a big fish because I know these .mobi waters still have good size catches in them. While supplies last!

If you find my advice really helpful feel free to donate some NP points to me hehe also try visiting one stop domain center - www.DomainNameStockExchange.com

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I think .mobi has been great for the domain industry. For example, I purchased about 100 domains, mostly .com and .net over the past four years as a very amateur investor. In the last few weeks I've doubled the quantity of domains in my portfolio. dotMobi has motivated me to learn and become a more educated and active investor/domainer. I have already made deals (buying and selling) that were more than any of my .com/.net deals ever were. I'm sure there are many more like me that were casual domainers and now are going full blast because of .mobi. Yes, I want to make money but I'm having a lot of fun too!

•••
Many thanks! I visited your website. :)
It's interesting.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back