Domain Empire

Mistake or ok?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I sold financialbusiness.info on ebay not too long ago and it went for a measly $1

To honor the rules I let it go for $1

The new owner has put it on Sedo as a premium domain name and wants over $500 for it.

FinancialBusiness.info - how much was that really worth? Should I try to get it back?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Selling it for $1 was absolutely a mistake. you may not be able to get much for a name like that, but practically giving it away like that seems like a slap in the face, IMO. I'm not sure if the new owner will sell it for $500, but definitely will for over $1. Also, there's almost no chance he will give it back to you for less than $xxx if he knows you were the previous owner and want the name back; unless he's generous enough. If he isn't willing to give it back, it's not worth acquiring, as I dont think you could resell the name for more than $xx. I never understood why people, here especially, let decent names go for 10-50% of regfee day after day..

Last edited:
•••
No, you shouldn't try to get it back,

•••
You offered it for a dollar, it sold for a dollar. What's the problem?
If I put this much emotion into every name I undersold I'd never get anywhere.
Just try not to lose money and forget about someone flipping your name.

•••
As stated above it's the name of the game....you win some ..you lose some. I found one of the best lessons to learn if your going to be a domain flipper is never get emotionally attached to names and never regret the unknown :)

Just move on down the road and be happy you got some form of return on the name. As time progresses you'll get better and things will even out for you ;)

Blake

•••
I'm sure the guy who bought your domain, is reading this thread right now. lol

Anyway, i'm not sure about the reason why you regret selling it for $1. Reading from your post, your "regret" was triggered when you saw your buyer tried to resell your domain $500 at Sedo. I'm not sure why this caused your regret. You are afraid he might actually find a buyer for it for $500?!?

•••
The first mistake was to register this name (worthless name) and the second mistake was to offer an .info name on ebay and the third mistake is to think about for how much the new buyer is going to sell this.

So basically the whole story of this info name is full of mistakes

•••
The name is too general and very hard to develop in a very competitive category - one must spend a lot of time and efforts on using SEO to rank it.

•••
People can ask what they want for their domains. Doesn't mean they will ever sell.
The odds that this name is going to sell for $500 are very slim. Don't look back.

•••
I sold financialbusiness.info on ebay not too long ago and it went for a measly $1

To honor the rules I let it go for $1

The new owner has put it on Sedo as a premium domain name and wants over $500 for it.

FinancialBusiness.info - how much was that really worth? Should I try to get it back?

...if you really want it offer 50 bucks for it. If you don't really want it don't bother the person and let the person tend to their business. If the offer is refused just move on...Believe it or not there are BETTER names out there(yes, even in info)so you lost nothing but perhaps the reg fee you originally paid. Small loss.

A true domainer looks at the past as a lesson and continues forward. They eventually succeed through these "lessons".

Be grateful that you have learned from this and find the next "gem".

Last edited:
•••
Ok, lesson learnt, moved on!! :)

Please close this thread

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back