Dynadot

sales Mike Mann's $1 dollar investment got him $58k

NameSilo
Watch
Impact
Mike Mann's prolific instinct led to the registration of Dance.co for $1 dollar, and its sale a decade later for an astounding $58,000 dollars.

While Mike wanted $78k for the domain, this sale is remarkable: the domain was grandfathered due to owning Dance.com.co prior to Colombia opening up dot .CO in 2010. More info.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Great sale, I have dancers.co but I had to pay premium for the registration...

•••
Sure he didn't pay premium for registration of Dance.co??
Please enlighten

•••
Sure he didn't pay premium for registration of Dance.co??
Please enlighten

He basically got it for free when .CO went live 10 years ago. Registrants of matching .com.co domains were grandfathered.

•••
Alright. Saw it was registered 10yrs ago m thanks

•••
He basically got it for free when .CO went live 10 years ago. Registrants of matching .com.co domains were grandfathered.

Yes, it was a very smart move by him.

He basically registered or acquired a bunch of top keyword .COM.CO and then was grandfathered into .CO without competition.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
Many of us have domains we paid a few dollars for a decade or so ago that we sell today for five figures. It’s easy to look at the small picture and be impressed. But we don’t all have $2.5M in domain renewal costs a year plus salaries and commissions and overhead of a sizable marketing team.
He's said himself that it's not currently profitable for him. He' even considers himself cash poor and asset rich. He's doing this in hopes of selling the entire portfolio to an investment group or big player like GoDaddy.

Last edited:
•••
Mike Mann's prolific instinct led to the registration of Dance.co for $1 dollar, and its sale a decade later for an astounding $58,000 dollars.

While Mike wanted $78k for the domain, this sale is remarkable: the domain was grandfathered due to owning Dance.com.co prior to Colombia opening up dot .CO in 2010. More info.

The link isn't working..

•••
Could say that about nearly every domain sale to date and save the brown nose.

Last edited:
•••
Congrets! wow, how many 10 years we have last...I am still seeing so many aged names regged in 1999-2004 now sell for $50-99 and that's a totally different story.

•••
Congrets! wow, how many 10 years we have last...I am still seeing so many aged names regged in 1999-2004 now sell for $50-99 and that's a totally different story.

Bad domains are bad regardless of age.

•••
I see him selling domain names every single day.
But it's normal to have so many domains,
So the point is, it's important to have a lot of domain names

•••
unwise to be asset rich and cash poor

when cash is king...

•••

so did he get it for $1 USD
or for free?

and free renewals?

•••
so did he get it for $1 USD
or for free?

and free renewals?

Mike Mann said $1 dollar, but I've explained what that really means.

Renewals are to be expected if you want to keep a domain. Also, need to add the cost of strong coffee.

•••
Strong confidence to hold on for 10 years!

•••
Back