IT.COM

showcase Metaverse ~ Showcase your names and Discussion Thread~

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DomainBarracksRob

Top Member
Impact
Hey all figured with the recent .io 6 figure sale and the nice .xyz sale by a follow NP member. We should open a showcase and discussion thread here.

Metaverse is a fast growing keyword, term and niche! Let's share and discuss our name and news.

I've only got One to start with but its a GOOD one my favorite ending keyword on most names.

MetaverseHub.com

Welcome! :)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Every domainer on this thread is a trademark lawyer today with vast experience in litigation lol 😆

•••
meta+KW is going to go down in value because Mark is going to come after you
yeah that is not gonna happen. Meta is a word used by many for a long time, so FB doesn't have exclusive rights to it.

•••
I'm not sure why people are hesitant on registering meta+KW now thinking Facebook has exclusive rights.

1) Meta is a common word, it's been in use before Facebook today. Trust me, Zuckerberg doesn't own Meta nor Metaverse. Neil should be suing everyone now he came up with the term Metaverse.
2) There are several trademarks on "Meta" already from different registers, all different applicable uses.
3) Even if FB trademarked Meta, they don't automatically own Meta+KW trademarks
4) Meta+KW is not going to go down in value, in fact the opposite, it will go up in value because even FB is using it. It still describes the Metaverse, and it's only going to get bigger. And FB may even buy it from you.
5) IMO, Meta+KW is more valuable than Metaverse+KW, shorter, more brandable, and does not have to relate to Metaverse.

If you don't want your Meta+KWs, send me a PM and sell them to me, I'd gladly buy them from you.

It's about marketing advantage, and public perception, not rights. But honestly I think Meta + Keyword could still have value in areas that are not in gaming or large XR distribution cases.

A good comparison is when Crypto.com was bought. That didn't stop crypto names from being bought.

One difference though in this scenario is that crypto.com only markets with "crypto.com" and crypto was a known word before the domain was purchased. But I guess the same or similar can be said about the term Meta but so it could be that Meta+Keyword names may not suffer a huge marketing disadvantage.

But Meta dot extension domains are going to suffer hard if they're in XR.

Last edited:
•••
yeah that is not gonna happen. Meta is a word used by many for a long time, so FB doesn't have exclusive rights to it.

I know, I was being supersarcastic. Read my other thread for all the people worrying.

Last edited:
•••
I had negotiations with a rich American company about metaverse.ai . I offered it to them for 200,000 euros. After Zuckerberg's speech, they agreed. Just now. Sell or not? It seems that this will be a record for .ai and .io.

•••
Meta dot extension domains are going to suffer hard
FB doesn't have exclusive rights to the word Meta all of a sudden. Meta is a Greek word and is and has been used by many for a long time.

•••
I had negotiations with a rich American company about metaverse.ai . I offered it to them for 200,000 euros. After Zuckerberg's speech, they agreed. Just now. Sell or not? It seems that this will be a record for .ai and .io.
...more MORE!!

•••
It's about marketing advantage, and public perception, not rights. But honestly I think Meta + Keyword could still have value in areas that are not in gaming or large XR distribution cases.

A good comparison is when Crypto.com was bought. That didn't stop crypto names from being bought.

One difference though in this scenario though is that crypto.com only markets with "crypto.com" and crypto was a known word before the domain was purchased. The same or similar can be said about the term Meta but so it could be that Meta+Keyword names may not suffer a huge marketing disadvantage.

But Meta dot extension domains are going to suffer hard

Either way it's an advantage, people will think it's either aligned with the Metaverse or its aligned with Facebook, both positives.

Meta dot extensions I could see more of a case/confusion with Facebook, but then again Facebook could pay a hefty premium to buy you out. Look at Meta.io.....nice business/website....I'm sure they will survive and prosper just fine.

Last edited:
•••

One difference though in this scenario is that crypto.com only markets with "crypto.com" and crypto was a known word before the domain was purchased. But I guess the same or similar can be said about the term Meta but so it could be that Meta+Keyword names may not suffer a huge marketing disadvantage.

But Meta dot extension domains are going to suffer hard if they're in XR.

Sorry, edited this heavily..

•••
According to DotDb

Meta , Meta + KW
domains
Metaverse, Metaverse+Kw domains..

meta domains.jpg

Last edited:
•••
I had a reserve of meta+KW I had not registered yet, just tried to register and half are gone already

Last edited:
•••
https://www.metavision.com/
Looks like they are the one's who bought the old AR headsets META and multiple TM rights relating to 'meta' in 2019...they look pretty big, let's see if they will intersect with facebook 'meta'

•••
FB doesn't have exclusive rights to the word Meta all of a sudden. Meta is a Greek word and is and has been used by many for a long time.
Indeed, they don't have exclusive rights, but they do have rights for the trademarks that they've owned since 2015... https://tsdr.uspto.gov/#caseNumber=86852664&caseType=SERIAL_NO&searchType=statusSearch

No I'm not saying that nobody else can ever use it alone or with other words, before someone misquotes what I'm saying. But they have the rights to trade in the classes of goods and services for which their trademark is registered in the USA, Canada and probably others.

The list of goods and services is pretty solid for them I must say.

•••

You could get a lot lot lot more. I'd negotiate a higher deal. There will be multiple big buyers waiting and this company might flip it for more in the future. Definitely a 7 figure name tbh. Plus you already own 249 other metaverse domains in other extensions which may/may not get sales..

•••

I later edited to emphasize that I was talking about XR cos.

•••
Delete

Last edited:
•••
Either way it's an advantage, people will think it's either aligned with the Metaverse or its aligned with Facebook, both positives.

Meta dot extensions I could see more of a case/confusion with Facebook, but then again Facebook could pay a hefty premium to buy you out. Look at Meta.io.....nice business/website....I'm sure they will survive and prosper just fine.

Meta.io has Jack shit to do with XR so of course they will do fine there is no confusion about which Meta they are bc they're in crypto. 👍

To be clear, I'm only talking Metaverse companies bc this is a Metaverse thread not a taco meat and avocado or crypto thread.

Last edited:
•••
You could get a lot lot lot more. I'd negotiate a higher deal. There will be multiple big buyers waiting and this company might flip it for more in the future. Definitely a 7 figure name tbh. Plus you already own 249 other metaverse domains in other extensions which may/may not get sales..

It is unlikely that this company will resell it. Most likely they will try to use it. So at least I won't be upset about the flip. For some names, I asked for a million, for example, store.ai metaverse.property . But here I don't have the nerve to demand so much. In addition, my beloved cat died, and I became indifferent to money. Nothing will revive my cat.

•••
MetaEmpire.com was recently sold at Dan. It was listed on Namejet auctions and I was trying to snatch it, but someone bought it at Dan.

•••
It is unlikely that this company will resell it. Most likely they will try to use it. So at least I won't be upset about the flip. For some names, I asked for a million, for example, store.ai metaverse.property . But here I don't have the nerve to demand so much. In addition, my beloved cat died, and I became indifferent to money. Nothing will revive my cat.
Sorry about your cat. I think .ai is one of the most suitable domain extensions for the metaverse. Even more than .io, but €200k is good so feel free to accept the offer. Congrats on future sales..

•••
I think whois.com is going to crash lol... It's really slow right now. I wonder why 😅

•••
We are all about to get metabanned by Facebook

•••
•••
MetaMetaverse.net

taken in 9 extensions mostly by The new META

•••
We are all about to get metabanned by Facebook

Especially the adult Meta names... Can't have Facebook (cough) I mean Meta users confusing my MetaLiveCams dot com with their services lol... I'll prepare my lawyers in the morning...

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back