IT.COM

Established Metasearch123.com - Custom Designed, Enterprise PPC Search Engine. A STEAL!!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.
URL: www.metasearch123.com

BIN Price $400.00 for the entire site.
BIN Price $300.00 for just the script.

Method of Payment: Paypal

Is an auction?: YES (ends Sun May 14 12:00 am CST)

Description:
Metasearch123.com is a custom designed metasearch engine that offers web users the ability to search multiple search engines on the web. (i.e. metacrawler, dogpile, etc.)

For those of you who are already earn revenue with ad networks such as adwords etc, this site would be a fantastic addition to your portfolio.
It's currently using a very solid and very well built piece of software originally created by Done Right Scripts. I had purchased 3 different licenses from them, and this site is using one of them. The cost for a single license was $500.00 at the time that I had purchased it. The buyer will own all rights, the full code, the domain, (good for a year) and the license for the domain.

The buyer could easily integrate ads into the search results or via xml feeds from other search engines such as searchfeed, search123, kanoodle etc. However perhaps the best feature of this entire site, is it's built in pay per click management. With this, you can essentially become your own searchfeed and accept payments directly from advertisers who list their site within metasearch123's search results. Either way, it shouldn’t take long for the new owner to begin earning revenue. This domain is a nice one, and web users are still looking for a user friendly metasearch engine to use. In fact, according to overture, there were 24912 searches for "meta search", and 11043 for "meta search engine".

More about the software behind Metasearch123: (Alot of info here)

- Optionally use server side cookies to only process unique click throughs

- Option to use MySQL or Text database

- Related keywords are displayed on results page after every search

- Choose to sort meta results by relevance, source or title

- Ability to search by asking a question (ex. Where can I find...)

- Option to have search results contain all keywords used, any keywords used or exact phrase

- Choose to search within results

- Most popular searches are tracked and displayed

- Compatible with Mod_Perl & FastCGI

- Place a non-targeted bid so that if a search is performed where there are no direct bid listings setup, the non-targeted listing will be displayed (Non-Targeted Listings)

- Results are cached making searching even faster and less strain on CPU ussage (Cached Searches)

- Targeted Banners: script will display a certian banner, specified by the admin, when a specific keyword is searched (Targeted Banner)

- Family & domain filtered results option to get rid of unwanted content (Family Filter, Domain Filter)

- Option to display results in XML via a separate URL (XML Results)

Appearance Features

- Display popular search terms or bidded listings in any html page using SSI

- Keywords are highlighted within results

- Displays number of results found

- Next, previous & numbered page links

- Ability for admin to change look (Customization)

- Framed redirection so users don't leave your site. Targeted banner feature implemented in the frame (Framed Redirecton)

- Easily create a small search box that you or your visitors can use on their site (Search Box)

Setup/Customization

- Installation done automatically via the admin

- Totally customizable HTML code to fit your needs (Customize HTML, Customize Email)

- Admin has ability to set defualt options (Set Defaults)

- Admin can add their own categories (Add Categories)

- Members Admin (Members Demo)

- Give new members a free startup balance

- Email member forgotten password

- Overview of such statistics as estimated account depletion and avg. cost per day

- Track Payment History

- Date oriented statistics for each search term with sorting options (Statistics)

- Modify members contact profile (Modify Profile)

- Add, edit and delete listings (Manage Listings)

- Ability for member to add money to their account (Update Balance)

- Update bids for search terms and optionally click a button to set all bids to #1 position (Update Bids)

- Ability to upload an excel spreadsheet or use a text form for bulk submission (Bulk Upload)

- The admin can specify a minimum bid allowed to place

- Three user friendly steps to signup for listings

- Input fields for credit card information

- Ability to run signup on a secure server

- Verifies correct information is entered in the input fields

- Emails admin and member about their order

- Option to allow free and commercial listings via a separate URL

- Compatible with Authorize.Net, ClickBank, PayPal and 2Checkout to process orders in real-time (Merchant)

- Easily check current bids for the search terms the customer is interested in (Check Bids)

- Use the Search term suggestion tool for related search terms to bid on (Suggestion Tool)

Admin Area

- Obtain support through faq, email and an online user manual

- Easily convert database to and from MySQL/Text without having to install any other files

- Process and verify pending members (Pending Members)

- Email all, processing, active, inactive or individual members (Email Members)

- View processing, active and inactive members with sorting options (View Members)

- View specific details on members and choose to delete their listing or the member (Member Details)

- Ability to set many variables from user-friendly form (Configure Variables)

_ Setup targeted banners to be displayed when certain keywords are used (Targeted Banners)

- Admin statistics that track daily searches, top bids and top keywords used (Statistics)

- Ability to add listing reviewers that only have access to the pending members area (Listing Reviewers)

- Backup data feature (Backup Data)

- Ability for admin to edit members profile including making the member inactive/active (Edit Member Profile)

Type of site:
New, turnkey website

BIN Price $400.00 (extremely fair price - was $450)

Method of Payment: Paypal

Is an auction?: YES (ends Sun May 14 12:00 am CST)

Since I'm moving on to other ventures, I figured I may as well not let both my money and my time designing it, go to waste. I'm looking for a quick sale, so I'm willing to accept only $450 for the entire site. My loss is your gain.

Please, only serious inquires only. If you wish to see a demo from an advertiser's perspective, feel free to send me a pm. To see how an advertiser's listing appears, simply do a search for "web design" or "css". I have sitepoint.com as a demo "advertiser".

Thanks!

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Current offer for entire site is $370.

•••
Received the following when trying out the features (happend when trying to turn "summaries" back on).

Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

•••
Is the site really trademarked / the name?
Please get back to me because I may BIN.

Thank you.

•••
The "internal server error" has been fixed. It was actually just a simple file that had not been installed properly. I already have one bid of $400 (BIN), however I'm awaiting payment. If i dont receive payment within 12 hrs from this post, I'll be sure to keep you guys informed.

I have just one more license for the use of this script itself. (I had purchased three licenses.) So even If this site sells, I will still be able to sell the script, along with the last license key. You could then install it on any site you choose. (or I may be able to design a new search engine site for you.)

So if metasearch123 sells, and your still interested, I'll consider any offers over $275, for just the script. Pm me if you're interested.

Update: Metasearch123 has been SOLD.

However, PM me if you're still interested in buying the script. I still have one license available. I can also design a full search engine website (like metasearch123) for a fair price.

Thanks!

Last edited:
•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back