IT.COM

discuss Meta is after my Horizon names

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Just an FYI - Just letting people know that Meta is trying to take my Horizon domains. They dont mention Meta or Facebook .
Meta's domain name guy (Daniel) asked for my list of names after I did some outbound. A week later their attorneys told me I have 7 days to hand over the names. I told them to pound salt.
Interesting enough, they dont care about my Meta names.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
You outbounded names with Meta Platforms' trademark to Meta Platforms? Well done.

•••
what's a horizon name again? yer post sounds.like someone.after.yer meta names and then it doesnt

•••
what's a horizon name again? yer post sounds.like someone.after.yer meta names and then it doesnt
I have a bunch -
horizonengineer.com

•••
ok sorry not familiar

what's the link horizon to meta?

•••
•••
Your answer to them should be:

•••
yea seems more often than not outrebounding comes.at.a price

sucks.

•••
My recommendation in these situations is to always not respond.

They can't sue you if they don't know who they are dealing with.

•••
Welp you did outbound to them 🤷‍♂️

•••

That’s true - it’s a cold email until you respond. Make them make leaps and bounds to contact you.

•••
Your fault for contacting a company that has a Horizon trademark. Thats a rookie mistake. You know better.

•••
Did they care about your "virtuel" names? A little bit of laughter at least?

•••
I can see the issue on why they are requesting your names. You outbounded and tried to sell horizonengineer.com to a company that owns the trademark to "Horizon" and that company has engineers as part of its staffing. That is where it becomes an issue.

•••

Facebook aka Meta is a company with an almost trillion dollar market cap. I think they have the resources to figure out who owns a domain, especially when they proactively contacted them.

As far as the OP's post, I have no opinion on the merits of their claims.

Brad

•••
That's why I never do outbound.

•••
•••
Facebook aka Meta is a company with an almost trillion dollar market cap. I think they have the resources to figure out who owns a domain, especially when they proactively contacted them.

Brad
They not only have the resources to identify the owner. They can tell you the owner's medical history, financial status, assets, search history, and every item purchased online.

•••
I can see the issue on why they are requesting your names. You outbounded and tried to sell horizonengineer.com to a company that owns the trademark to "Horizon" and that company has engineers as part of its staffing. That is where it becomes an issue.
OUTBOUND has low success rate, especially with large corporations. CMOs, brand officers, merely wish to keep their jobs, not score points by hauling in domain names that they weren't seeking.

Usually works only if the company is small (less than 25 employees) and w/less than 50 million in funding, and you own a name that would be an upgrade over their current name.

•••
•••

Brad

My advice was more general.

•••
Unfortunately for the OP, Facebook having a product that uses a word means Facebook then owns that word. According to Facebook anyway. And a remarkable number of people here who side with the Evil Corp.

OTOH, OP should lose the names simply for actually calling them "Meta".

•••
From my understanding when i first used the internet at a young age most of the websites were filled with lies and not organized
Now a days its an industry standard of filtering out the bad sites from the good ones

Perhaps thats their approach in order to reach a higher industry standard globally

But is it Better

•••
•••
they dont care about my Meta names.
Maybe when they done acquiring all Meta trademarks they will come to slaughter all companies who are using the meta+words all in once.

•••
Back