IT.COM

Meaning of high and low competition

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Bob Hawkes

Top Member
NameTalent.com
Impact
This should be a really basic question, but I can't find a completely clear (to me at least :) definition for ad competition in the terms section of Estibot.

So for each domain they give under Average Monthly Searches (for both broad and exact searches) the monthly searches, cost per click and Ad Competition. It is the last that I'm not sure of.
  1. When they say low does it mean that not many advertisers are competing for ads related to that term, so low would be a bad thing (for the value of the domain at least), or....
  2. When they say low does it mean that there are not many webpages related to that term, and therefore low would be good implying the domain is more valuable.
Can someone clarify please?

Also, more generally, how important are cost per click and ad competition? I guess it depends on the domain and how much potential buyers would want to monetize it with advertisers. Any advice is welcome!

Thanks and have a nice day!

Bob

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
First of all, I would recommend you try and use KWfinder. Great tool, $25 a month, I have no affiliation with it, their data is comprehensive and from Google. Low competition refers to SEO and means easier to rank and get a good SERP once the domain is developed. Search volume for particular keywords also might be of value in deciding in a niche domain versus something broad. Things like law and insurance are saturated categories as the pay per click is huge.

•••
•••
First of all, I would recommend you try and use KWfinder. Great tool, $25 a month, I have no affiliation with it, their data is comprehensive and from Google.

@offthehandle thanks so much! I did not know of KWfinder tool at all, and just gave it a quick try. I will definitely explore it further. I think the prices have slightly increased, as the cheapest plan even for annual billing shows at $29 pm for me. I will first try their limited free plan and see, but at first glance it looks so powerful! Thanks again!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back