IT.COM

May WinMe support 1Gb of Ram ?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
There's a long story behind my question but I don't want to bore you with it ...

I need to know only:

1- Do you know someone who's still using WinMe ?
2- It should be the nearest and most similar version to Win98, isn't it ?

If you know any bugs of this operative system, please, let me know because I'm going to install it next week on a Pc.
Any help would be highly appreciated, thanks.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I would say dont install it . It was never that good . I have seen problems with running disk scans and defrags on a old company computer . but that is the only issue i seen first hand. I have never really heard anything good about it

•••
I'm sure you've all heard that Windows ME = Windows Mistake Edition...

•••
nope never heard that but never paid attention to the ME version

I went from 95 to NT 4.0 to XP pro

•••
Thanks for your feedback, I'd prefer remaining with my Win98, I'm still studying a way to allow him to see only the quanrity of Ram it may support without crashing ... Maybe a solution might be in the article below but this's not my field so I'm still investigating:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;181966

•••
Not entirely sure what you are getting at here? are you asking if win me and 98 will support a gig of ram (memory?) It's not the operating machine that you need to worry about it is the motherboard that you will be concerned with. In other words yes the OS will support the ram.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back