NameSilo

domain Mateup.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Blimey, All domainers are competitors but, I think we know when we see something good, so my initial conclusion was it was usable but not overly appealing, certainly not enough to justify all the top tlds

Last edited:
•••
As usual picking on some point and keep on emphasizing on it and reapting it again and agin wont make it true. Mate up is so easy and pass not just the ear test . It pass the visual test too..it is so brandable and have plan for it too

This fourm is full of competitors.

Last edited:
•••
As usual picking on some point and keep on emphasizing on it and reapting it again and agin wont make it true. Mate up is so easy and pass not just the ear test . It pass the visual test too..it is so brandable and have plan for it too

This fourm is full of competitors.
Yields.com is a great name! Love it. Way way better than any name I own by a long shot! I wouldn't be surprised to see it sell for six figures one day.

But since we're talking about MateUp.com... I only keep repeating the point because you argue it without explaining why. I've demonstrated in a number of ways why it's confusing and why companies would mostly avoid it as a brand name choice. You can argue all you want... but be prepared for the same in return. :)

•••
Sure will open appraisal threeads but same time can reply to clear bias optinion

Last edited:
•••
Lets define:

mate1 /māt/ noun 1. each of a pair of birds or other animals. "a male bird sings to court a mate" 2. a fellow member or joint occupant of a specified thing. "his tablemates"

up /əp/ adverb 1. toward a higher place or position. "he jumped up" 2. at or to a higher level of intensity, volume, or activity. "she turned the volume up"

This is a great combination of words making for a possible stellar brand.

•••
Sure will open appraisal threeads but same time can reply to clear bias optinion
Lol. All opinions are biased! They're opinions! The very nature of them is to be biased.

I'm not right. I'm not wrong. Neither are you. All we can do is examine the available data, incorporate our own experience, and take our best guess.

You asked for opinions. You got some. Don't like them? Go sell your name and prove us all wrong.

•••
Lets define:

mate1 /māt/ noun 1. each of a pair of birds or other animals. "a male bird sings to court a mate" 2. a fellow member or joint occupant of a specified thing. "his tablemates"

up /əp/ adverb 1. toward a higher place or position. "he jumped up" 2. at or to a higher level of intensity, volume, or activity. "she turned the volume up"

This is a great combination of words making for a possible stellar brand.
So stellar, in fact, that no company in the world is using it. Anywhere.

•••
So stellar, in fact, that no company in the world is using it. Anywhere.
So is a domain and/or brand value only attributed to the amount of current usage? I say no.

If brands or domains are created only because of other usage, or only have value due to other usage, we should be discussing this in the legal section.

MateUp - This is a great domain. Short, meaningful, easy to spell, and passes the radio test when proper pronunciation is used.

There is also the infamous saying "Pony Up" that gives this domain a subliminal secondary meaning.

At some point someone will "Pony Up" for this domain. IMO

Last edited:
•••
So is a domian and/or brand value only attributed to the amount of current usage? I say no.

If brands or domains are created only because of other usage, or only have value due to other usage, we should be discussing this in the legal section.

MateUp - This is a great domain. Short, meaningful, easy to spell, and passes the radio test when proper pronunciation is used.

There is also the infamous saying "Pony Up" that gives this domain a subliminal secondary meaning.

At some point someone will "Pony Up" for this domain. IMO
Heck no! The brandable marketplaces are littered with all kinds of names that no one has ever used before. They even sell a lot of them.

But what current usage does, is increase your odds of selling the name. It also increases the value that you can comfortably try to extract from the name (more potential buyers = more confidence in rejecting low offers).

So yes... a name with no usage can have value, the same way a lottery ticket has value. So even though no one in the world has ever wanted to use this as a brand name, and even though you need to awkwardly emphasize the T sound for people to understand the name, there may still be a company out there willing to spend thousands on it.

I think the odds are way slim, and I think you'd be wise to ask a modest price for it, but of course there's always a chance the name could sell for thousands.

Re: Pony Up... There are a ton of terms like this in English: Wise Up, Move Up, Step Up, Smarten Up, Crack Up, High Up, Fess Up, Choke Up, Dream Up, Make Up, Tense Up... and Made up! Unfortunately, absolutely none of these have anything to do with how this name would be accepted as a brand. Oh... except the last one. :)

Is "up" a great pairing word? Yes! Is it a great pairing word after "mate"? No!

Last edited:
•••
Is "up" a great pairing word? Yes! Is it a great pairing word after "mate"? No!

This is the statement I would most disagree with. In my opinion the words "Mate" and "Up" make for a great and meaningful pairing.

Concluding, I respectfully disagree with your analysis and reasoning with a contrary opinion. Just a difference of opinion. That's all, nothing more.

Best to you!

•••
You need to filter the opinions you get. There are many “fake domainers “ out there. They will mislead you easily. The can’t choose for the right domains for themselves … How can they choose it for you !!!

How can you identify a fake domainers.?

1- Would you have a heart operation without checking doctor record, number of successful operations. In our case, it is # of successful deals.

if that domainer Don't have a good sales record or can't find a good domains him self. Then dump his opinion in sec .

Don't be misled by .. Ohh “ my domains got accepted “

DID YOU HAVE A SALE RECORD? DID YOU DEVELOP ANY DOMAIN AND TURN IT Successful Business.

“MY DOMAINS GOT ACCEPTED” LOL ??!!

2- Fake domainers tend to exaggerate or minimize issues.

They will pick up in one point and keep on focusing on it and get all unrelated proofs in the world to support their views. Would you waste time with clear bias opinions?? They never tell the truth, they have an unbalanced approach on evaluating domains. They don’t tell positive/negative points and even if they did they exaggerate a lot .

They will list points without thinking.

This domain should
plural/singular
pass radio test
be Descriptive
be Short
Easy to spell

Challenge them. I doubt few can put these in order of importance …!! (A dictionary won’t help you here)

I will tell you what rank higher in that list from first-hand experience, It is been descriptive enough ..Many could easily know what Mateup.com is all about ..!!!

Also, Radio test is not on top of list unless you have an awful name . will poof this next

3- Fake domainers always seek perfection.

Radio test. This is a gray area where fake domainers usually found.

Example. Moz.com could easily be confused as Maz.com . Is this a bad domain? No. I use this website on daily basis and even worse type it MAZ every time.

Do not let those fake domainers fool you again picking on gray areas . You won’t be a successful businessman if you seek perfection.

How good/bad are these domains in radio test scale? form 1-to-10 . not that bad

Well , Getting millions of dollars is enough success. You will lose it if you think like fake domainers

The list goes on and on of many examples

4- Fake domainers write a lot, and do little. throw out as many points as possible hoping to convince you with atleast one .

Well, this is a childish approach to consume your time and effort. It is more of “FAKE NEWS “ approach rather than fair opinion.

Bye Mate

Last edited:
•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back