IT.COM

.us Market for 3 letter .us domains

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

brp

Account Closed
Impact
As all 3 letter .us domains are sold (so im told)

How comes their value hasnt shot up? Most people are willing to get rid of their random 3 letter .us for $1 to avoid renewing.

Any suggestions on why?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
A lot of the current folks offering to sell .us's in bulk have them registered with expensive resellers.
While .us's are anywhere from $4-$5 at GoDaddy, they are almost twice that at most resellers (WWD). BUT you can't push to a GoDaddy account from WWD, and you can't transfer to GoDaddy at this point either.
Also, the market isn't huge for them at the moment, but they are all gone, you're right. Market has nowhere to go but "up", however, IMHO.
-Allan

•••
Oh ok... so i should check renewal fees if i buy :)

•••
They are getting rid of letters that don't usually play well in North America Such as qzxu SInce .us is justfor US market(Nexus Requirements) Those letters are cheap and when the buyout came of all lll.us some people bought a bunch of bad letter combos. Look for this market to pick up in fall after the renewal dates of all these lll.us should be up and see how they get picked up by others and then move upward hopefully. You have to look at the fact a small company that cannot afford $20,000 for DSO.com as an example might pay $2500 for DSO.us just my Opinion

•••
Will wait to pick up from expired domains.

Whats the best way to know when a 3 letter .us drops?

•••
Buy a name for whatever or wherever you like there are some people selling names cheap you have to decide, DO I want a bad letter combo QZX.us for $1 and then renew it for another $9 so a cost of $10 or do I want to spend $25 $50 $75 for a good letter combo Member DB here has some great .us they are not going to be $1 so you have to decide. LLL.us values should move up over time, but much more for CDS.us, BRD.us and other good letter combos then it will for zxq or qvz . Use www.acronymfinder.com to see if a LLL combo has many uses. Good Luck

•••
brp said:
Will wait to pick up from expired domains.

Whats the best way to know when a 3 letter .us drops?
hand regging when the name is just released

•••
Equity's two posts (and Allan's as well) hit the nail on the head. :tu:

I want to reinforce that it's all about the quality of the letters, and/or having a good acronym. Really good ones are not cheap. I've sold 3-letter .US names from $200-$1400, including names such as OLD.us, PhD.us, SUK.us, FUK.us (etc.) and it's important to note that I had no problem finding eager buyers. DNJournal recently reported the $5K sell of AMA.us

The extension's 3 years anniversary so there is going to be some dumping going on, both less desirable letters and lots of less desirable word domains. It's a natural tweening process that occurs in cycles. The crème is rising to the top. The rest will settle and drop. Then it all begins again.

Basically, the extension is not yet mature enough that even crap letters are valuable, that's all.

:!: :)

•••
Brp, are you looking to "acquire" any of these in the future?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back