NameSilo

Lyrics and Tabs?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

PoorDoggie

Soon to be RICHdoggie!VIP Member
Impact
Hi.

How legal is it to put tabs and lyrics on a website?

I want to add a lyrics database to my search engine, and also a tabs database. I have heard that technically tabs are illegal.

(I am based in the UK, dunno if that changes anything)

Thanks
Tom

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
there have been sites shut down in the past couple of years due to them having lyrics on them. Lyrics are copyrighted the same as the songs themselves.

Im not sure about tabs however as they are ussually people making their own tabs from listening to the music.

•••
They are illegal, but then again so are warez sites and have you seen how many of them there are with nothing happening to them?

If it was me, i would risk it.

•••
SeamusBurkill said:
They are illegal, but then again so are warez sites and have you seen how many of them there are with nothing happening to them?

If it was me, i would risk it.
:lol: its like in cartoons, where you have the angel and the devil faces...

I don't think I will risk it really. Google advertise lyrics on their site (search for a song, and it will give you a link to a search for lyrics) so they can't be too illegal, maybe you have to get a licence or something. Tabs I'm not sure about, but I don't really want to risk it thanks! :lol:

Regards
Tom

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back