NameSilo

Low traffic domain can still make parking money?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I registered some domains depend on my personal interest and hobby, so they have poor traffic. now I want to park a few such extra domains.
I don't think they will make any money :(
what's your opinions?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
primary answer is is their any traffic?

you'd need to probably (on a $9 reg fee) have a few hits a day (at least) to make back the registration.

At at 0.10 PPC, thats 90 hits a year, est 10% CTR as well that is 900 hits needed a year or say 3 a day.

Above is VERY rough as CTR/PPC etc may vary widely but you get the idea.

I'd park them and see... although I have domains with 10-20 users daily and less than 1% CTR... which as you may see from my other thread.. very frustrating.

•••
I'd say your primary focus should always be to develop a few domains into good websites and park the surplus. I registered many domains before but only a few get hits and make a few cents only. In order to make a decent sum, you need either:

a) a few good domains

b) many, many "lousy" domains

But one good website making $x,xxx or more a month is the ultimate goal which is possible...and you move on from there.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back