IT.COM

advice Lots of Cannabis, But where to sell??

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Abhi007007

InterviewCalls.comTop Member
Impact
The Market is flooded with Cannabis domains. My question is where are you gonna sell it?
How do you find end user for Cannas? (Actually who would be?)
As per my knowledge they are sold through Medical Dispensaries. Why would they will be buying domains?
Am I missing something here?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I don’t think the industry is at that point yet. Meaning the majority of cannabis business owners and/or marketing firms are putting little to no effort into obtaining a suitable domain name.

The current scramble is to become operational, funded and passing inspection to acquire licenses etc. I believe there are loads of people in the cannabis industry that have the unwavering belief that all they have to do is be the first ones out of the gate and the riches will follow.

The market is evolving, rapidly is an understatement. The United States Federal Government has or is already in talks establishing the proper meeting schedule to discuss rescheduling Cannabis. That’s basically a nail in the coffin for people in it for the quick buck. After the Feds do that the banks are going to start beating down people’s doors begging them to take their loans off of them.

That eliminates the biggest hurdle currently faced by these startups and emerging businesses. But, once you fund everyone and the financial is a non issue.... now the playing field is equal and they will start scrambling for things like catchy domains, little additional services or unique ways of doing business in hopes to stand out from the crowd.

If I had to guess I’d say 2-3 to years from now is when that may happen.

•••
They will type in the exact name they want they wont read their thousands of spam emails trying to sell them domains and they probably won't buy the keywords you think if you go on brands of Tobacco. The tobacco giants have already the names they want in both industries. Like every domain trend the best will be taken and rest will be renewed until dropped.

•••
The Market is flooded with Cannabis domains. My question is where are you gonna sell it?
How do you find end user for Cannas? (Actually who would be?)
As per my knowledge they are sold through Medical Dispensaries. Why would they will be buying domains?
Am I missing something here?
Things will get crazy when the U.S. government eventually legalize it. For now, they're still trying to figure everything out. I firmly believe it's still at it's juvenile state and will blossom. I registered a .xxx cannabis domain a few years back for $100 and sold it 3 days later for $5,000. It was a great sale. It would probably be a good idea to start grabbing solid cannabis domains. There will be a short term boom and everyone will be jumping into the industry and this would be the time for domainers, with a solid cannabis niche portfolio, to greatly benefit.

•••
Can someone please tell me, who will be the end users buying these domain names.
Because as per me Cannas will be available through dispensaries. Obviously they won't be requiring domain names. So, then who will be ??
Quite astonished about the speculations!!

•••
I really dont think the canna domain thing is going to take off. Sure, we see a few sales, but there must be a hundred thousand domains doing nothing and never will. Even when weed is fully legalized, it will be controlled like alcohol. Only licensed growers and sellers, you wont see regular people with canna websites selling weed.

Look at crypto, sure we see nice sales on occasion, but some people have hundreds of these names in their portfolio and never get a nibble. Crypto has been around for years but the 300,000 coin/crypto/token domains sit dormant.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back